Not available outside your network, advice

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
monkeyboy72
Great Britain

Not available outside your network, advice

Post by monkeyboy72 »

Hi, I had my PMS on a Nvidia Shield and have today set it up on my TNAS instead, everything great apart from I'm unable to access outside of my network.
I'm pretty certain this is a router issue but is there anything in TOS that I need to enable etc because I've exhausted everything in my router settings??
Thanks
monkeyboy72
Great Britain

Re: Not available outside your network, advice

Post by monkeyboy72 »

Resolved, was nothing to do with NAS or Router was my ISP using something called CGNAT, have swapped SIM card and all good.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

I'm curious. Who was your ISP? Most cable/mobile/FTTP ISP will be using CGNAT these days. How did "swapping SIM card" help?

I ended up getting a fixed IP address at (nominal) extra cost. However, my cellular router backup is still a (minor) issue.

FYI = viewtopic.php?t=5540 = My trials and tribulations :|
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
monkeyboy72
Great Britain

Post by monkeyboy72 »

I was having issues with a Smarty sim which even though runs on the 3 network uses CGNAT.
After lots of investigating turns out if you use an actual proper 3 sim (which I now have) then everything works fine
It's a quiet technical and beyond me but apparently a lot of MVNO carriers have this issue.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

That (sort of) makes sense to me. I can't get 3 in my area. A lot of the providers of cellular based broadband seem to use 3 network as carrier.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Plex”