F2-223 & D4-330 DAS: USB permissions?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

F2-223 & D4-330 DAS: USB permissions?

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Afternoon - I've just got our new F2-223 running. All is well, except one user cannot access the USB drives in the DAS from the Windows laptop. (They don't even show up in Windows Explorer in Map Network Drive.) I assume it's a permission thing (?!) but I can't find any permission settings for USB. And, both users used to be able to 'see' the USB drives in Windows fine. The USB drives show in my Windows Explorer & TOS. Both users are admin with full read/write permissions.

I assume I've done something wrong... :oops:

Cheers,

Chris
TMpraj
China

Re: F2-223 & D4-330 DAS: USB permissions?

Post by TMpraj »

ChrisOfTheOT wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 00:20
Based on your description, since two users are able to access the USB drive normally through Windows, it indicates that the NAS settings are normal.

You can try asking the other user who is unable to access it to install the TNAS PC application, search for and log in to the NAS, and then map the network drive through the network disk function within the application.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Re: F2-223 & D4-330 DAS: USB permissions?

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Morning Praj - many thanks for the reply. After installing USB Copy on the TNAS I did a backup, and an AOMEI backup from the laptop. Then I re-booted the TNAS, which suddenly allowed both users to access the USB drives. (I was about to try through the TNAS PC, as you suggested, but I didn't need to in the end.) I don't know why, but after a re-boot, it works now!

Thank you again for your help Praj,

Cheers,

Chris

Return to “Storage”