Does not meet the conditions for updating the TOS 5.1?

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: Does not meet the conditions for updating the TOS 5.1?

Post by Tricky »

My approach whenever I encounter major problems with TOS installations on my F5-221 (I keep one as a testbed) is to reformat all drives and reinstall TOS 5.1 I did this when upgrading to the latest version that needed 8gig, and have done the same on both occasions when trying to update from a fresh instal of 5.1.123 to the TOS 6 but both times I have the same problem of not being able to reach the desktop IE no nginx, hopefully, there have now been enough reports of this problem for the team to be able to figure out the problem and correct it.

What bothers me is that there also seems to be a process of users upgrading to TOS 6 with no problem at all it would be interesting to know exactly what model of TNAS they are using, is the problem confined to older models etc?
sowrov
Netherlands

Post by sowrov »

Cis wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 15:23 Raid 1 repairing is done now and I can confirm I have all data, nothing wiped, and 7.4Gb of system partition \o/
Can you please describe what you did? I have Raid 1 setup, now if I take one HD and remove all it's partitions then install ToS 5.1 on that HD then later, add my other HD in raid 1 setup, can I hope I will not lose any data?
monkeyboy72
Great Britain

Post by monkeyboy72 »

Hi im thinking of resetting everything as described to get the 8gb.
All my backup files are on external HDD's is it possible to plus these directly into the NAS rather than copying over the network as last time it took days plus ties up my laptop the whole time. Thanks

Return to “Update Notice”