TOS 4.2.43(ARM) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: TOS 4.2.43(ARM) is Released for Update

Post by sianderson »

bultom wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 18:50 Yeah m'y F2-210 IS working well too

But, having an OS with no security patch and even with legal update (i mean take a look AT the licence change of libnet, it IS an obligation to update it, because actually the libnet wich IS our NAS IS not legal...) IS risky...
but how many windows 98 computers (hardware wise) are capable of running windows that is still getting security patches, there does have to be a time where you say the hardware just isnt compatible with current software i guess

do you have any kind of meaningful link about libnet, google searching for libnet seems to be a mine field and not really coming up for anything relevant that i can see
F2-210

bultom

Post by bultom »

sianderson wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 22:44
bultom wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 18:50 Yeah m'y F2-210 IS working well too

But, having an OS with no security patch and even with legal update (i mean take a look AT the licence change of libnet, it IS an obligation to update it, because actually the libnet wich IS our NAS IS not legal...) IS risky...
but how many windows 98 computers (hardware wise) are capable of running windows that is still getting security patches, there does have to be a time where you say the hardware just isnt compatible with current software i guess

do you have any kind of meaningful link about libnet, google searching for libnet seems to be a mine field and not really coming up for anything relevant that i can see
Here thé last change log https://github.com/libnet/libnet/compare/v1.2...v1.3

Changing licence cause of incomptibilty with GPL for the old (very old) one.
bultom

Post by bultom »

Sorry for double post but i can't find "edit" option

Here is the right link : https://github.com/libnet/libnet/releases/tag/v1.3
License change of critical files from 4-clause BSD to 3-clause and
2-clause BSD. This fixes issue #85: "GPL license compatibility".
I'm not complaining about not having new release, i'm complaining for not having security patches and updates to not being illegal ;)

And like i'm maintening some servers, when i saw an update on libnet on my servers runing Debian STABLE or Old Stable LTS, i was a little bit chocked :D (updates are really not a common thing on Debian old stable :D )
PoP

Post by PoP »

Where is the "usb ups support" option ?
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

It's a shame and I really feel cheated for having purchased this NAS less than two months ago and in the end it is a brick that works very average. The Global servers to access it via the Internet are very slow... In addition, it is a relatively powerful NAS so as not to give it more support or let the user install an alternative operating system...
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

I keep seeing errors in the TNAS MOBILE app, I cannot upload files other than photos or videos from it.
Seriously, you can't improve the applications for iOS and Android? It is a shame how you are treating customers who have recently purchased this NAS...
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

Help administrator please.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

pipa89 wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 23:19
i'm sure this is missing the point but if the aim is to just use your phone while at home (or on the same network as the nas drive) then you can just a file manager app like the built in files or i tend to prefer owl files, and connect to the drives over a network share

if you can create a VPN server on your home network (aware the F2-210 doesnt provide support for creating one so would need either a router that supports incoming VPN, or another device on your network), you can connect your phone to the VPN from anywhere outside of your home and then the files app will work as it will believe its on the same network

this advice is provided in absent of any official terramaster responses to your problem, as i guess my only real response is dont bother using the TM software as i dont use it, and go back to basics with how the nas drive works and do your own thing
F2-210

TJ27sk
Russia

Post by TJ27sk »

I use tailscale and no problems. Unfortunately, it is not available in the official store, I had to assemble it myself: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/WdvA/Ltu1VTD8N
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

TJ27sk wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 18:04 I use tailscale and no problems. Unfortunately, it is not available in the official store, I had to assemble it myself: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/WdvA/Ltu1VTD8N
Hello, thanks for answering, both to you and to the colleague above.

I have installed taislcale but I don't know how to use it properly, could you help me? Greetings

Return to “Update Notice”