The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by Gremlin »

lsoto wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 00:13 Apologies, but I didn't found any other thread related to the TOS 6 Beta.
The integrated email is not working for me, and it looks it is due a certificate issue.
The whole Notifications system appears to have a problem. Even using the simplified built-in email client is having problems. I thought that this had been reported previously (and fixed) but it seems to have been allowed to re-appear.

It does not matter which ports are selected (in custom) it is not possible to select an authentication method. (cf tos5)
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Gremlin wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 17:41
Thank you for your comments. Duplicate reports are helpful in at least confirming that this bug is not just an isolated case. However, there is no need to repeatedly report bugs that we have already confirmed, at least for the few bugs I mentioned.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
PedroAG
Spain

Post by PedroAG »

Well ... after reinstalling TOS 5.1.123 I have been able to install TOS 6 beta and so far the only problems is that Plex and Emby can't access some folders. I think it's a permissions thing, but so far I have not been able to read them.
PedroAG
Spain

Post by PedroAG »

PedroAG wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 22:13 Well ... after reinstalling TOS 5.1.123 I have been able to install TOS 6 beta and so far the only problems is that Plex and Emby can't access some folders. I think it's a permissions thing, but so far I have not been able to read them.
Fixed, the Media user group was denied access to one of the volumes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

Tricky wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 17:06
If you reinstall TOS 5 per the instructions, be sure to remove ALL drives from you NAS, that means the M.2 drives if you have any installed. I even went so far as to install the M.2 in my PC and use Diskpart to CLEAN the drives before I reinstalled them. I believe in my case TOS was installed on ALL the drives in my system, and I had issues reinstalling TOS 5 until I CLEANed the M.2 drives. Then I didn't reinstall the M.2 until after following the provided instructions which reinstalled TOS 5 on the Hard Drives. Hope this info helps you and others.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

DizConnected wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 02:07
Tricky wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 17:06
If you reinstall TOS 5 per the instructions, be sure to remove ALL drives from you NAS, that means the M.2 drives if you have any installed. I even went so far as to install the M.2 in my PC and use Diskpart to CLEAN the drives before I reinstalled them. I believe in my case TOS was installed on ALL the drives in my system, and I had issues reinstalling TOS 5 until I CLEANed the M.2 drives. Then I didn't reinstall the M.2 until after following the provided instructions which reinstalled TOS 5 on the Hard Drives. Hope this info helps you and others.
Yes, I did the same with mine something I learned early on with the TNAS systems, however as I said I have had two tries at reinstalling the TOS5 and then trying to update to the TOS6 and got the same result with no way to access the desktop.
So I am inclined to disagree with TMroy's statement.
Steven645

Post by Steven645 »

:cry: After upgrading to TOS 6 Beta, it says the operation failed! Incorrect username and password....
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

Steven645 wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 06:23
Welcome to the BETA. I as many have also gone through your pain. Now it's time to pull the drives and reinstall TOS 5. The good news is once you do that it seems you can install the TOS 6 BETA and it will work correctly, although I recommend waiting until the next TOS 6 BETA version that has been said will be out soon.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Steven645 wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 06:23
TOS 6 beta requires TOS version 5.1.123 and above. What is the TOS version before your update to TOS 6?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jpeckinp
United States of America

Post by jpeckinp »

Is anyone else getting SMART error 188 Command Timeout on all their HDD's? My SSD system drive is the only one that shows as good. I have two that show 100 -98 and one 100-93.

Newest update 6.0.217 but was seeing it on first version also.
F4-424 Pro with 2x 12TB Seagate IronWolf HDD and a 20TB Seagate IronWolf. 1TB Samsung 860QVO as my system drive.

Return to “Update Notice”