F2 223 - NO internet access for my web site (php)

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Webbie
Belgium

Re: F2 223 - NO internet access for my web site (php)

Post by Webbie »

Gremlin wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 23:08 Which port did you open on BBox3?
What service is your ISP providing? Public IP?
How are you addressing your web site? By port no?

If your IP is putting your LAN behind CGNAT you are unlikely to be able to reach your lan directly.

[I wrote a bit about CGNAT here : viewtopic.php?t=5540 ]
I wil have a look at this post, thanks !!

++++++++++++++++++++
Gremlin wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 23:53
TMroy wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 19:01
It is not possible to resolve the applications within TOS solely through DDNS domain names. You need a reverse proxy (currently TOS does not provide reverse proxy services), or customize the Nginx configuration and service ports. You need to learn more detailed related knowledge through Google.
I'll take issue with that. I think I know what was meant, but it possible to resolve applications (eg web site) with ddns and port forwarding on the local router. I am able to use my ddns domain name and access my TOS web site (in this case as it's the only one running) by addressing to a specific port
[ eg http://www.mydomainname:9898 ] and port forwarding port 9898 --> 8181 on my NAS ] Don't worry, it was only open for a couple of minutes and is now closed again :mrgreen:

What I THINK was intended is that the OP needs to ensure their local web site (however it is setup) is pointing to an unused service port in the first instance. There are of course security concerns in such a case and that the TOS system cannot necessarily resolve those.
"Proximus" is our internet provider...

I have open the port that is the same as in "local network" and I try to access it mith my "no-ip" DDNS (... xxxxxx.no-ip.org:xxxx...) but it don't work at all :-|

All of our camera (6) are working fine with my DDNS name... why the TOS not ?

Thanks for you attention to my problem... I continue to search anyway and let you know !
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Webbie wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 22:27
I have open the port that is the same as in "local network"
Do you mean port 80 (normal http port). Some ISP will block ports like 80 (http) 25 (smtp) because they don't want customers running servers. I'm guessing your cameras are each running their own ports to make them individually identifiable (or using nvr?). Try an obsure port (aas in my example) and map it to the server port. Because TOS runs on standard ports and auto-maps these to other ports (eg 80 --> 8181) you web server will need to use a different port from anything else in use already.

Apart from all this, if occurred to me that, if this is a permanent arrangement that you need, you may like to consider something like "Tailscale". This does not need to leave router ports open so much more secure. (I've not used it but it sounds reasonable.) Or, a proper vpn server that will allow you access to your internal LAN.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Webbie
Belgium

Post by Webbie »

Gremlin wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 23:50 Do you mean port 80 (normal http port). Some ISP will block ports like 80 (http) 25 (smtp) because they don't want customers running servers. I'm guessing your cameras are each running their own ports to make them individually identifiable (or using nvr?). Try an obsure port (aas in my example) and map it to the server port. Because TOS runs on standard ports and auto-maps these to other ports (eg 80 --> 8181) you web server will need to use a different port from anything else in use already.

Apart from all this, if occurred to me that, if this is a permanent arrangement that you need, you may like to consider something like "Tailscale". This does not need to leave router ports open so much more secure. (I've not used it but it sounds reasonable.) Or, a proper vpn server that will allow you access to your internal LAN.
Hi (sorry for late),

For our cameras I've set dedicate a port in every of them and open these port in our BBOX3 (on "mapping" page)... all work good.

For the Terramaster, the port I've open is a dedicate port (different tried like 1788, 1809...) but it don't work. Maybe I'm making a mistake because I'm not sure that everything is correctly configured in the TOS for this dedicated port.

Tailscale does not interest me in the sense that I prefer to use my 'local' server for everything concerning websites because they are mainly album sites containing family photo and videos (which I also let see to friends if needed).

thanks again anyway.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Tailscale is not a server site. It provides an authentication hub for your connections. Everything comes back to your servers (et al) or those connections that are authorised (maybe an offsite backup at a second location). That's my understanding anyway. At the same time, it's not for me either at the moment, but that is another story. :)

If you want to pm a screenshot of your port mapping page I'd be happy to take a look.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Webbie
Belgium

Post by Webbie »

Gremlin wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 22:08 Tailscale is not a server site. It provides an authentication hub for your connections. Everything comes back to your servers (et al) or those connections that are authorised (maybe an offsite backup at a second location). That's my understanding anyway. At the same time, it's not for me either at the moment, but that is another story. :)

If you want to pm a screenshot of your port mapping page I'd be happy to take a look.
Ah ok... I wil further have a look at that if I don't find another solution.

Thank you for your ideas and help !

Return to “Network & Remote Access”