Disconected WAN (Internet)

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
KWguy
Canada

Disconected WAN (Internet)

Post by KWguy »

I have a F4-423 and yesterday it lost its connection to the internet. The WAN shows disconnected. I also have a F4-210 which is working fine.

I am not shure why this happend as it has been working with no issues for several weeks (ever since I first connected it to my network)

Only one LAN port appears to work to connect to my network. The 423 has 2x 2.5g LAN ports. When I connect it to the other LAN port, the connection times out.

I am able to connect to the NAS fine using the one LAN port and access the desktop etc.

I have sent a request into support about this, but while I am waiting I thought I would ask in this group for any ideas.
F4-423 5.1.123 - Plex Server and media
F4-223 - Backup for Plex server and media
eddiedulac

Re: Disconected WAN (Internet)

Post by eddiedulac »

I used to have the same problem. Then, it was solved after I replaced the Ethernet cable I am using to connect the F4-423 NAS with a known working cable. You can try applying this method
- Eddie- suika game
KWguy
Canada

Re: Disconected WAN (Internet)

Post by KWguy »

eddiedulac wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 07:11 I used to have the same problem. Then, it was solved after I replaced the Ethernet cable I am using to connect the F4-423 NAS with a known working cable. You can try applying this method
Thanks for the help.

I finally figured out what my issue was. It turned out to be the way I hd entered in the Google DNS for my TNAS ports. Changing it back to automatic got it working again.
F4-423 5.1.123 - Plex Server and media
F4-223 - Backup for Plex server and media

Return to “Network & Remote Access”