Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by TMroy »

crisisacting wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 09:44
TMroy wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 13:00
Let me clarify. The naming conventions of U8-420/U12-420/U16-420 are somewhat different. In fact, they are equipped with Intel 1225 v5 CPUs. However, these models are mainly sold in the Chinese market and are rarely sold in other countries. These models actually support TOS 6 updates.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

TMroy wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 23:03
Thank you for proper context.

Figured that was the case. TMWuu answered differently & incorrectly.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Thought I would give it one more try and the same result only FTP and no nginx HTTP so can you tell me why?

The last time I had to reinstall using 5.1.123 the system said I would lose drives 4 and 5 and then got raid degraded but couldn't repair, starting to get old again with these problems thought the updates had stabilised but obviously not!
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

> If you need to report a bug, please send a description of the bug, reproduction steps, and screenshots to the designated email: pm@terra-master.com.

I don't believe this is the optimal way to run a useful beta test. Email-based bug reporting is certainly simple to set up and easy for testers to use. But it's ultimately wasteful of effort for both the testers and the devs.

Without a structured bug reporting system testers will be reporting blind, never knowing if others have reported the same bug. Devs will have to put in time and effort doing clerical assessment of the emails to classify the bugs and derive metrics. There will be no way of reporting back to the testers as a whole where the described bugs are on the spectrum of critical to trivial and whether they are open, work-in-progress or closed.

Designing an efficient bug reporting environment isn't a trivial proposition, But this is the dev team that has built TOS 5 and is building TOS 6. In any case, ready made kits are available, both proprietary and open source.

--
Chris
andrewfarquhar

Post by andrewfarquhar »

drakey83 wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 00:59 is Plex working?
I can confirm that Plex is working fine for me on this TOS public Beta
tsanko11101

Post by tsanko11101 »

Hello,

On my F4-420, TOS 6 was upgraded from TOS 5.1.123.
F4-420-TOS6.jpg
F4-420-TOS6.jpg (24.06 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Thattallchap

Post by Thattallchap »

^^^^ I am now in the same boat. My hope is that my array is intact and I can recover this.

To be perfectly clear - Terramaster guidance suggest pre installation changes if you're configured for Port 5444... I'm guessing this is a typo! Clarity and accuracy is everything. :roll:
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

Wish I had read through the Forum before installing the TOS 6 open beta. I have the Terramaster F4-423 and had the latest TOS 5 version, don't remember the number but it said latest when I clicked on update. Download and installed TOS_X642.0_Update_6.0.202_00102_2403140952.bz2 using the manual method. Everything seemed to go well, can access all my files from file explorer. My issue is I can't access the desktop (http://tnas-04b4.local:8181/tos/#/desktop). I cleared all data from Edge, even tried a InPrivate window, before I got a blank white page and now after clearing the data I get tnas-04b4.local refused to connect.

TNAS-PC can see the TNAS-04B4 but won't allow me to login, says bad username or password. I tried the username and password saved in Bitwarden, but will not work, gives me the bad username or password error. Funny thing is, in TNAS PC for Windows, I can go to change IP, where it doesn't ask for a username only a password, and enter my password saved in Bitwarden and it will work and change the IP. So it appears to me that somehow the update changed the username? I have tried admin and adm1n which is what is in Bitwarden, neither one works.
uujapathi
United States of America

Post by uujapathi »

I have an F5-221, upgraded to TOS 6 beta from 5.1.123 and had configured to use port 5443 (not 5444 mind you) and the NAS came back online alright, I am able to see all my mapped drives in my laptop with all the files intact, however HTTPS won't work. Unfortunately SSH isn't working either - I might have turned it off or something, would love any guidance to recover the web interface!
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

Has anyone tried this on an F5-422? TOS5 was a disaster for me so I'm hoping this version works better.

Return to “Update Notice”