TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: TOS 4.1.30 is released for update

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 23:39
Tricky wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 16:37 OK just read the release notes posted and it says that video trans coding can now be done from the website which i have just tested and no it doesn't support h.264 which is all i have tested so far yet just talked to my friend who is running the 4.2.01 says this will decode h.264?
hi Tricky, nice to hear from you!
To use the transcode feature, you need to install an app "Multimedia Server", and enable the transcoding in settings.
Hi TMroy.....Multimedia server is installed and transcoding enabled on my 4.1.30 and on my friends beta 4.2.01 yet with mine it will not play.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

@Tricky
I have told you the wrong information. The transcoding feature does not support video playback through your web. As the the video player in TOS will call H5 in your broswer, so your H5 will determind your decoding ability. The transcoding feature in Multimedia Server is for your DLNA media player clients like smart TV, game console, Set top box, or mobile phone.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

First no contact via local network since the 4.1.30 update today so not a good start yet my friends Beta 4.2.01 has been up for the last 19 days without going missing from his network....think I'll try that.
Jonas Pi

Post by Jonas Pi »

Hey there,

the update worked fine so far.
-> I saw that some services like ftp, bonjour, telnet etc. have been turned on so you gotta turn them back off again.
->> after configuring the services to OFF they seem to stay off after a restart but i will keep an eye on that.

-> You have to change back the workgroup (smb) to your own but that's not a big deal.
-> I saw that the memory is round about 10 percent after restart, that's good for now.

Cheers!
F4-210
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

@Jonas Pi
Thank you for your feedback
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
yorch

Post by yorch »

Jonas Pi wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 17:14 Hey there,

-> I saw that some services like ftp, bonjour, telnet etc. have been turned on so you gotta turn them back off again.
->> after configuring the services to OFF they seem to stay off after a restart but i will keep an eye on that.

-> You have to change back the workgroup (smb) to your own but that's not a big deal.
-> I saw that the memory is round about 10 percent after restart, that's good for now.

Cheers!
Have you tried plex? do you have to reconfigure it? keep settings? works correctly?
I trust less to change versions when you find one that works well ...
F2-221
Jonas Pi

Post by Jonas Pi »

yorch wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 01:03
Jonas Pi wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 17:14 Hey there,

Cheers!
Have you tried plex? do you have to reconfigure it? keep settings? works correctly?
I trust less to change versions when you find one that works well ...
Hey yorch,
i don't use PLEX, i have a dedicated KODI running on a raspberry-pi and it's using the NAS a source for media!
F4-210
Jonas Pi

Post by Jonas Pi »

A Quick update:

I'm running the NAS since about a day with the new firmware 4.1.30
I've watched some videos and listend to some music via the NAS and the RAM is round about 10-15%.
The RAM issue seems to be resolved for me.

I'll keep you up to date!
F4-210
yorch

Post by yorch »

Jonas Pi wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 02:13 A Quick update:

I've watched some videos and listend to some music via the NAS and the RAM is round about 10-15%.

Thank you very much. 😘
F2-221
jl434

Post by jl434 »

Jonas Pi wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 02:13 A Quick update:

Hi Jonas,

Can u SSH in the TOS Linux to check the actually memory usage with free command?
It still shows very high usage for me after updated my F4-210 to TOS V4.1.30.

Thanks