TRAID+ migration

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
turing
Canada

TRAID+ migration

Post by turing »

I very recently purchased a T12-450 running TOS 5.1.95 and am in the process of populating it with new disk drives, one at a time - using TRAID.
The first three drives were configured without an issue.
With the fourth drive, the documentation states that the option to Migrate should be available - instead I can only add the fourth drive to the current storage pool.
All drives are 4TB and all are the same disk model.
Is TRAID+ not available?
Do I have to have five disk drives or more?
Is TRAID+ not supported with the T12-450?
I purchased the T12-450 to migrate from a full Synology DS-1821+ that was experiencing problems with higher capacity drives... I will be replacing the 4TB drives with 20TB once I'm assured that TRAID+ is supported on the T12-450.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TRAID+ migration

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, there is currently no TRAID+ option.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
turing
Canada

Post by turing »

Well, that's quite unfortunate.
I selected Terra-Master as a replacement for a failing Synology NAS box, solely on the basis of the availability of TRAID+, based on the documentation provided by Terra-Master.
That is now regrettable, in hindsight, as I cannot understand how a 12-slot box can be shipped with only support for a single failing drive.
Is there any timeline for when this promised and documented feature will be provided?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

At present, TRAID+ has not been released, it is not a promised feature. If you want a two-disk redundancy, you can use RIAD 6.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
turing
Canada

Post by turing »

As RAID6 does not allow mixed drives, it's not a practical solution.
I would suggest that the references to TRAID+ - specifically the instructions on how to migrate from TRAID to TRAID+ - should be removed from the online documentation until such time as it becomes available, as others may wind up on the same path that I have.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As I know all user guides and documentation related to TRAID+ have been removed, if I am wrong, point out for me, thank you!
turing
Canada

Post by turing »

Here's the link to the information about TRAID+: https://www.terra-master.com/uk/traid
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Ooh..., my fault, I did not check that page. I will communicate with the marketing team to remove it. Thank you!
topo01
Germany

Post by topo01 »

Any news on TRAID+?
Tha above link is still promoting it.
F2-220, TOS 5.1.123 (8GB system partition), Docker 2.0.16 (Nextcloud, AdGuard Home), Terra Photos 2.0.13
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Corrected, thank you for pointing out this issue.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)

Return to “Storage”