Cannot find new TNAS f423

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
SoLX
United States of America

Cannot find new TNAS f423

Post by SoLX »

Hello, I am just bought a brand new TNAS f423 (switching from 210) and having issues connect the F423 via LAN (light is not showing). I have tried several times with both ethernet ports on the back, booted w/o drives to no success. Worse, switching back to 210, I can no longer connect online (can still access data via file manage through TNAS PC app). I'm having a terrible experience with TNAS in genera and strongly considering switching to Synology. Can anyone help walk me through fixing this issue?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cannot find new TNAS f423

Post by TMzethar »

The system used by the 210 model is different from the system used by the 423 model, so you cannot directly put the hard drive from the 210 into the 423 and start it. The opposite is also true.

Regarding the issue of the 423 network light not turning on, if your router's wired network interface is below the 1000Mbps standard, the 423 network light will not turn on, but you can still access it.

In order to enable you to better use the 423 model, it is recommended that you install a new TOS5 on the new hard drive, and then import the data from the 210 hard drive into 423. Regarding import, if you need remote assistance, please contact the customer service window on the official website or technical support email to schedule a time.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”