F2-212 Nothing but issues since I purchased it

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
joepacelli

F2-212 Nothing but issues since I purchased it

Post by joepacelli »

So I purchased the F2-212 and 2 8tb HDD that are on the recommended list.
My unit arrived on 1/27/2024 and I set it up.
I start to transfer data from my MyBookLive and from drives's from my PC that died
Within the first week 2/12024, I received the message
"The RAID in storage pool 0 has been degraded! Please check if you have a failed drive in your RAID, or if a drive has detached from the RAID. For your data security, you need to replace the failed hard disk and repair the RAID as soon as possible."
It took 12 hours to rebuild.
Then again on 2/6/2024 while I was at work I received the notification again and when I got home from work I again rebuilt Storage Pool
TOS Support said to repair the raid when finished by clicking edit, repair RAID
But once it was done and I went into there this edit ability is disabled in my TOS.
Today, 2/8/2024 I log into my laptop and try to login into TOS Web app and get "User Not exists!"
I try this multiple times, nothing.
I search the forums and I someone had similar issue but also mention he could still see his file explorer of the drive.
So I tried that. Nope.
All three lights where on, on the unit. I held the power switch to reboot. Nothing, wouldn't even power off.
I noticed the system was not making any noise. So i unplugged it, waited 15 seconds then plugged it back in
Then I could hear the fans and could hear the unit.
After about 1-2 minutes I was able to log into my unit but of course it sends me a notification
"TNAS was shut down abnormally! Abnormal shutdown can result in data loss, file system errors, or array corruption. Please check your data and array for anomalies and back up your data in a timely manner."
No it was not shutdown down abnormally... it wasn't even doing anything and that's all I could do.
So in less than 2 weeks I've had 3 issues.
Online help is a joke.
This has been total BS for 2 weeks
I'm done. I'm going to return this unit and either purchase a Synology unit or Buffalo Linkstation
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-212 Nothing but issues since I purchased it

Post by TMroy »

Make sure your drives are healthy.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
zollyb

Post by zollyb »

Which version of RAID are you using? I encountered similar issues trying to set up my F2-212 with TRAID (unit locking up after 1-2 hours, not found on network, unable to power off). I switched to RAID1 and so far it has been stable for 14 hours, by far the longest since I bought it. Maybe TRAID is the issue.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}zollyb
It is obvious that the situation you are facing is very different from what the poster is experiencing. Generally speaking, when the number of hard drives is small, there is almost no difference between TRAID and regular RAID. The blockage you encountered may be caused by running high occupancy services while synchronizing. We have not yet discovered or received any feedback on issues related to TRAID as you mentioned.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
zollyb

Post by zollyb »

{L_BUTTON_AT}zollyb
TMzethar wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 19:05 It is obvious that the situation you are facing is very different from what the poster is experiencing. Generally speaking, when the number of hard drives is small, there is almost no difference between TRAID and regular RAID. The blockage you encountered may be caused by running high occupancy services while synchronizing. We have not yet discovered or received any feedback on issues related to TRAID as you mentioned.
Can you clarify what you mean by "running high occupancy services"? This is a fresh installation. Nothing was running other that what Terramaster provides in the operating system. There is *nothing* I added to the process, I just told the unit to initialize my drives - and then the problems began.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

zollyb wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 03:53
Thank you for your supplement. We will continue to monitor and investigate the situation.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”