Wits End with Docker + SSH

Discussion about Docker
SoLX
United States of America

Wits End with Docker + SSH

Post by SoLX »

Hi All,

Recently, I started getting into NAS and, subsequently, docker so please forgive my lack of technical foundation. This is also my first NAS "system", an F4-210. I picked this over a raspberry pi, as I believed it would be more plug and play.

I'm (and by the measure of this forum, everyone else) seem to have an issue with Docker. I am using really frustrated with the version built in with docker. So much so I am really thinking of returning this in favor for Synology.

For the first part, I can't getsome docker images to be installed. A docker image, Flowise, for example. It looks like it's downloading but then disappears from the "images" tab.

Ok, so from research I can pull the docker image using a command line. Unfortunately there isn't a terminal built in, so I have to SSH into my nas, which I tried following the instructions, but now I'm locked out.

Suffice to say, I'm not sure what the next steps are. It would be great if I can salvage this project, would rather not have to return since I have my data backed up and saved but if switching to Synology makes sense then I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Thoughts and help?
Mordac85

Re: Wits End with Docker + SSH

Post by Mordac85 »

I can't speak to Synology but assume they also have their areas of quirky problems. I'd focus on restoring SSH then try the docker pull. fwiw, if it's not listed in Docker Hub I go to the command line since I haven't had luck with adding other repos and having them actually be used from the Docker Manager. I'm also moving to docker compose files and just managing everything from portainer, but I have to resolve other issues first.
Also, I set PUID & PGID to the account/group I'm using for write access to my container configs and data [data user acct (uid=2) & allusers group(gid=4)]. That one small bit took way too long to figure out b/c documentation sux, both TM & docker, and is geared for being run from a normal linux environment.
F5-221
TOS 5.1.67
4 x 4TB RAID5 EXT4
1 x 8TB EXT4

Return to “Docker”