Map ftp servers and enable a recurrent backup to TNAS

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
aschang

Map ftp servers and enable a recurrent backup to TNAS

Post by aschang »

Hello,

I am using a multiple video surveillance camera solution for my home protection. These cameras are emitting RSTP video flow, and I am using motion eye to monitor and detect, but due to the number of cameras installed (around 10 in worst case), I am loosing some activities records.

A have a backup solution that consist in grabbing the records inside the local camera NVM thanks to FTP transactions. I was using on my previous QNAP two applications: QNAP hybrid mount, to mount NVM through FTP inside my NAS control panel, and then a QNAP hybrid sync that was scanning camera NVM reccurently and collected the new records to make a local NAS copy.

Do you have any idea how I could reproduce the same things with my TNAS? Any idea if TOS6 will embed it, if not yet available in TOS5 SW solution?

Thanks in advance for your support

Arnaud
SonopaalFounik

Re: Map ftp servers and enable a recurrent backup to TNAS

Post by SonopaalFounik »

You can manually copy files from the camera NVM to your NAS via FTP using File Explorer or a third-party FTP client. This is the simplest method but requires manual intervention.
You can create a script to automate the file transfer process using tools like PowerShell or Bash. This is more efficient but requires some technical knowledge.
Several third-party applications like rsync or FreeFileSync can automate file transfer based on rules and schedules. These options offer flexibility but might require license purchases.

Unfortunately, TOS5 lacks built-in features like QNAP Hybrid Mount and Hybrid Sync for directly mounting and syncing camera NVM recordings. However, there are ways to achieve similar functionality on your TerraMaster NAS:

If you're comfortable with testing beta software, TOS 6 offers a built-in "File Sync" app that allows you to schedule folder synchronization tasks between local and remote locations (including FTP servers). This could replicate the functionality of QNAP Hybrid Sync.
TerraMaster supports the installation of Docker containers. You can install applications like Rclone or Syncthing through Docker, which offer powerful and customizable options for automated file transfer and synchronization.
outkastm

Re: Map ftp servers and enable a recurrent backup to TNAS

Post by outkastm »

Considering that you are using an x86_64 NAS unit, you can use CurlFTPfs https://tmnascommunity.eu/download/curlftpfs/ to mount you NVM ftp to your local NAS.
Then you can use the TFM Backup from Terramaster to backup to mount folders on your NAS locally

Return to “New Features Wanted”