unable to create Hyper Cache

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
anaderi

unable to create Hyper Cache

Post by anaderi »

I added NVME SSD drive for caching, and the system recognises it correctly. However, as I try to create Hyper Cache, the wizard stucks at the page (see screenshot)

I've tried with created partition and without, results are the same.
Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
screenshot.png
anaderi

Re: unable to create Hyper Cache

Post by anaderi »

PS: I'm running F4-423, TOS v5.1.103-00409
TMpzhen

Post by TMpzhen »

To create a Hyper Cache, two conditions must be met: to have a volume that has not yet created an SSD cache, you need to run less than 60% of the memory
jkev3000

Post by jkev3000 »

I seem to be having the same issue, having read a few posts on here about M.2 cache, it seems straight forward to those in the know, starting to wish I'd bought a system that was a little more plug and play.
I've added two SSDs for storage and plan to add two more at a later date. These drives are showing on on the storage pool.
Ive added 1 x 500GB M.2 for cache, when I click on create hyper cache I am getting as far as you, and see the message 0GB is the max I can have.

Is someone able to put a few simple bullet points down in very basic none tech language to allow myself and other less advanced people to set this up. I'm literally talking an idiot proof thing "click this, then click that, set this to ...." :P

I've added screenshots of mine, hopefully someone can see what we are doing wrong and get us heading in the right direction.
Attachments
drives.jpg
cache 2.jpg
cache 1.jpg
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Please select the volume you want to assign first, and then it should be able to display the available SSD Cahce size.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
anaderi

Post by anaderi »

I succeeded, by performing some manual:
- remove all volumes, storages from SSD (webUI)
then in terminal, after enabling SSH, since even though nothing were shown in the web interface, I could see some mirror partitions on SSD that were created automatically during setup:
- remove SSD partitions from /dev/md9 (root) and /dev/md8 (swap), see https://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/20 ... aid-array/
- remove all partitions SSD using `fdisk`
- reboot and wait (1 day or so??)

the last step was less intuitive, but it worked for me.
anaderi

Post by anaderi »

boyem10580

Post by boyem10580 »

anaderi wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 10:16 helpful thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1592&start=10
Thank you! It helped me.

Return to “Storage”