security isolation mode

Topics related to system security only
fsmteam1967

security isolation mode

Post by fsmteam1967 »

Hi

Ive put my F5-221 into security isolation mode and it rebooted.

Now i can get the login screen on my laptop or Tnas mobile 3 app.

Its not even visible on my pc network

The power button is solid green, the internet light is flickering green and the 5 drive lights are solid green.

Its been 90 mins since ive done this.

Any idea`s
Thanks
TMgevin

Re: security isolation mode

Post by TMgevin »

Hello, can you provide the version of the system? Also, is your computer on the same local area network as TNAS?
jemlinus
Canada

Post by jemlinus »

I have same issue here.

My hardware is F4-424 with latest software.

I initially had static ip address but I ccouldn't find the TNAS.

Now even with DHCP, TNAS appears on my router with new ip, it doesn't show on browser nor TNAS app.

What a mess.
jemlinus
Canada

Post by jemlinus »

Is there anyway I can revert this back to security isolation mode off?

I wonder with the HDMI port, I can reset this without loosing my data.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

After the security isolation mode is set, only computers in the same network segment as TNAS can be accessed normally by the browser, and computers in other network segments will be isolated and cannot be accessed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jemlinus
Canada

Post by jemlinus »

TMLyy wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 22:17 After the security isolation mode is set, only computers in the same network segment as TNAS can be accessed normally by the browser, and computers in other network segments will be isolated and cannot be accessed.
When you say "segment" what are you talking about? The router is in same subnet with computers.

Orginally I had the NAS at 10.10.55.10 and my lan network was 10.10.99.* Now, I shut the NAS down and rebooted. Contacted to same Lan network and I still can't access or ping the nas.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

10.10.55.nnn and 10.10.99.nnn will not talk to one another - they are different 'segments'.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
jemlinus
Canada

Post by jemlinus »

Gremlin wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 06:06 10.10.55.nnn and 10.10.99.nnn will not talk to one another - they are different 'segments'.
As I've said before, they are in same 10.10.99.* subnet.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

jemlinus wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 06:46
Generally speaking, the rules of secure isolation mode do not isolate devices in the same network segment. Perhaps you have set up other things?
If you still suspect that the security isolation mode is the cause of the problem, you can try modifying the firewall rules and restarting the iptable service.
If this doesn't work, you may have to try reinstalling TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jemlinus
Canada

Post by jemlinus »

Just wanted to update everyone.

The tech couldn't figure it out why so we endup just reinstall the TOS and rebuild the TRAID again. It only took a couple of minites so the NAS is working now. Overall, the tech did great job dealing with me using the support chat.

I think Secruity Isolation Mode is too sensi

I'm using both firewall rules in the TOS and OPN sense to block all out of our network traffic blocked.

Return to “Security”