Cannot install TOS - F2-210 Partition Error

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Makarintosh

Cannot install TOS - F2-210 Partition Error

Post by Makarintosh »

Hi guys,

I have just received my TM F2-210 and a new 4TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drive. Going through the set up, during the drive check up it states that the drive is "Bad" (attached), even though it is a brand new drive, has not been used on any devices (i.e. not formatted by me in any way).
I have got as far as installing TOS on the drive but it fails at 50% with the error "Partition Error! Please initialize the hard drives and try again."

I am able to get onto the device using putty so if there is something I can do from there could someone guide me through the process?

Thanks
Mak
Attachments
Partition error message when installing
Partition error message when installing
Drive showing Bad status
Drive showing Bad status
bad drive.PNG (14.61 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cannot install TOS - F2-210 Partition Error

Post by TMroy »

Please try following solutions:
1. check the drive health and format it before you install it into your tnas;
2. download TOS 4.1.30 and install it manully http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0_ ... 061204.ins
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Makarintosh

Post by Makarintosh »

I've tried to install it manually and I still get the same issue.

I cannot format the drive because I don't have a pic, I have a laptop.

I've decided to return the NAS as I am having too many issues that I cannot resolve.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your behavior is difficult to understand. Your drive has been detected bad, you need to replace your drive even it is newly purchased. it is possible be dead on arrival.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Southland

Post by Southland »

I recommend you download the SeaTools diagnostics software from Seagate's web site to test the hard drive. You will need to remove the drive from the NAS and connect it to a PC. SeaTools is available for Windows and various Linux distributions.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

this maybe a really silly question you only mention you bought 1 drive? but its identifying it as HDD2

did you buy two drives? and its failing on the second one in which case just try one hard drive? or did you put it in bay2? and you dont have anything in bay 1?

might it be a software glitch that its expecting it in bay 1?
F2-210

Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Install HDSentinel to your Pc, plug the drive in and the programm weill tell you if the HD has bad sectors etc...