Unziping, Copying and Transfering to Another NAS

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Unziping, Copying and Transfering to Another NAS

Post by SopraNo3 »

What a Nightmare!

1. Unziping only let's you unzip in the location of the zip/rar files. There is no option to Unzip to another location.
2. There is no option to "Copy to" only copy and then you need to browse to the directory you want to paste, and paste it manually. It should have a "Copy to" and also an option to easily "Create a new folder" in that location. Check out how synology does it! (Attached photos).
3. When I select where I want to copy a file to, the message "You do not have the necessary permissions" pops up every time. Then i need to go to the shared folder and give permissions again, only for them to be changed to "DENY" the next time I copy something!
4. Why isn't there a way to make the "Log out time" longer? It's crazy!
5. Very hard to connect 2 NAS and copy files from one to another. Not SYNC. Just copy what you want (select 20 folders and copy them).
6. The Background Tasks cannot be called! it only appears when it feels like it and only shows very basic things! Again check how Synology does it.
7. Will TOS 6 solve all these problems? When will it be available?
8. Your site terra-master.com is either very slow or down for a long time now. What is the problem?
Attachments
Synology 2.png
Synology 1.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Unziping, Copying and Transfering to Another NAS

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your feedback.
1. File operation will be significantly improved in TOS 6.
2. To edit the logout time, go to "Control panel > security";
3. To copy files between two TNASs, you can mount SMB folders to your computer, and copy from one to another, or you can remotely mount a folder with SMB or NFS file service from one TNAS to another, and copy your files on File Manager web page.
4. To recall the task manager, click on the icon called "Task Manager" on your File Manager web page.
5. TOS 6 is improved in many ways. It will come soon, please pay attention to our update.
6. The official website now is down, it is in repair.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Post by SopraNo3 »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Log out time issue fixed! Thank you. But isn't there a way for the TM to remember your credentials? I have to type my username and password every time it logs me out.
2. What does it always say that "You do not have the necessary permissions" to copy something to share folder? I need to go to the settings and give permissions again, over and over again.
3. When I right click on a file, it does not stay selected most of the times. So I need to restart the NAS and then it does stay selected. When this happens, I cannot delete, copy or do anything to a folder. Why is that?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

This is not a normal situation. I suspect the file system on your drives corrupted and became READ ONLY state. Please check if your drives are healthy.
What is your model number? and what version TOS running on your device? what kind of drive you installed in the device?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Post by SopraNo3 »

Hello,

I do not think the problem are the drives to be honest.

I am using version 5.1.103 on T12-423.

I am attaching the photo of the disks I am using. (Western Digital).
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Post by SopraNo3 »

Here is the photo showing my disks.
Attachments
TM Disks.png
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Got enough storage in there? :D
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Post by SopraNo3 »

Well, not enough to be honest. I recently upgraded from 12 x 10TB and now I am with 12 x 16TB. I think I am going to need more soon and it is always a struggle to copy everything. This time I might just add another 12 x 24TB and be done for a while :)
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Post by SopraNo3 »

I have noticed that the issues mainly happen when the NAS is copying files. Then it becomes erratic. When I right click on a file, it does not stay selected most of the times. So I need to restart the NAS and then it does stay selected. When this happens, I cannot delete, copy or do anything to a folder.
SopraNo3
Cyprus

Post by SopraNo3 »

So, I updated to TOS 6.0 and still there is no option to Unzip to a specific location or create a new folder before choosing where to unzip.

There is also no option to Move a folder somewhere, you once again need to cut/paste.

Return to “File Services”