Instructions for Online RAID Migration

Hard Drive, volume, storage pool, RAID
KevinE

Re: Instructions for Online RAID Migration

Post by KevinE »

I am attempting to go from a single drive (non-RAID) setup to RAID 1. Followed the instructions from this forum and this is what I see
https://storage.crisp.chat/users/upload ... hxhol8.png
I have been unable to move any data from the single drive over to the TRAID. I am assuming I need to move this data over, right?
PernodCadet

Post by PernodCadet »

Can I migrate from TRAID to Raid 0 without wiping disc and starting over?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}KevinE

I am not sure about your storage usage. If you are unable to migrate or expand the array while retaining data, you can only choose to backup the data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}PernodCadet

This is impossible, if you want to achieve it, you can only backup data to other hard drives or storage devices.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
KevinE

Post by KevinE »

{L_BUTTON_AT}KevinE
TMzethar wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 19:03 I am not sure about your storage usage. If you are unable to migrate or expand the array while retaining data, you can only choose to backup the data.
The issue is I can't see any files from the public folder on the original drive.
harsel

Post by harsel »

Seeking instructions for online RAID migration suggests a desire to upgrade storage systems without downtime. Users may be evaluating methods to efficiently transfer data across RAID configurations while ensuring data integrity and system stability throughout the process. fm whatsapp

Return to “Storage”