Changed time zone, tos died. F4 223.

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Darionby

Changed time zone, tos died. F4 223.

Post by Darionby »

Hello. I changed the time zone in the system from Chinese to European, clicked apply, then decided to reboot so that the time everywhere in the system changed. After which f4 223 stopped responding. There was no sound signal to reboot. The power button does not respond. Guys - do I get ready to reinstall tos every time I reboot nas? I left it on and went to work; if it doesn’t come back to life in a few hours, they will disconnect it from the network. I have only two applications emby and qbittorent. I don't understand how to work with this nas if rebooting the system might kill it. I'm already tired. Since the purchase, this is already the 4th tos reinstallation in one month. This is not how the device should work.
I can’t connect an external monitor, the server is located far away, and I don’t have such a cable.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Changed time zone, tos died. F4 223.

Post by TMzethar »

We have not tested the situation you reported and have not received any similar feedback from other users
This is obviously unrelated to the modifications you made to the time zone
You mentioned that you have encountered this situation 4 times. We suspect that there may be some issues with the boot partition of the hard drive, or there may be problems with the hard drive itself
You can try restarting a few times, and you may have a chance to enter TOS
If you ultimately have to choose to reinstall TOS, please generate and download the log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, and then send it to our customer service window or technical support email as a network disk sharing link for analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
HingxoGamchu

Re: Changed time zone, tos died. F4 223.

Post by HingxoGamchu »

I understand your frustration! It's definitely concerning that your TerraMaster NAS (TOS) repeatedly crashes after reboots, especially after a simple time zone change. Here's what you can do:
Wait and Observe: Leave the NAS powered on for several hours. Sometimes, system processes can take longer to complete after major changes. If it recovers on its own, great!
Force Power Cycle: If it doesn't come back in hours, do not disconnect it forcibly. Try holding the power button for 10 seconds to perform a forced power cycle. If that doesn't work, wait until someone can safely access the NAS to unplug and replug it.
Consider Alternatives: If the issues persist and reinstalling TOS becomes frequent, consider if the NAS truly meets your needs. Research alternative NAS solutions with better stability and user experiences.
Remember, frequent crashes and forced reinstalls are not normal NAS behavior. Don't hesitate to seek help and explore alternatives if necessary.

Return to “Initialization”