TerraMaster D5 All HDD Lights not on and no connection

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
dolphin77

TerraMaster D5 All HDD Lights not on and no connection

Post by dolphin77 »

Hi, I have a Terramaster D5 Thunderbolt 3 Raid and running 5 drives. When I switch on today, there is no connection and the 5 individual HDD lights are not on at all. Only the green LED of power indicator is on. And I have an error message then I open RAID Manager. Can someone advise if this is a hardware failure?
Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 12.56.43 PM.png
dolphin77

Re: TerraMaster D5 All HDD Lights not on and no connection

Post by dolphin77 »

Here's the screenshot of the LED Indicators. When Powering up, all the HDD Leds doesn't light up at all.
Attachments
IMG_4756.jpeg
IMG_4756.jpeg (16.41 KiB) Viewed 190 times
dolphin77

Post by dolphin77 »

To add on, when powering up, the HDDs LEDS (5 of them) doesn't give any activity at all (meaning no lights) at all.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

There are many possibilities for RAID not displaying information, which requires step-by-step investigation.
If the power light does not light up when starting D5Thunderbolt3 through the switch button, you need to troubleshoot the issue with the power adapter.
May I ask if the green light on the power adapter is always on when powered on?
Is there any light on the device when starting D5Thunderbolt3 through the switch button?
It should be noted that the HDD light only flashes when reading or writing to the hard drive or synchronizing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Thunderbolt 3 Series”