Share with user permission denied, but admin works

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
penright

Share with user permission denied, but admin works

Post by penright »

I have a share_x, let's call it share. A user called user_x. It has read/write permission to only share_x. When trying to connect via cifs it gets a permission denied. But some mount commands expect changing user/password to admin/password it works.
The share has the user_x read/write. If you look at user_x share_x shows as read/write.
Any help on what it is or how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.
TMpzhen

Re: Share with user permission denied, but admin works

Post by TMpzhen »

What is your TOS version? Can you give us a screenshot of your shared folder permissions?
penright

Post by penright »

TMpzhen wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 10:48 What is your TOS version?
Untitled.png
TMpzhen wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 10:48 Can you give us a screenshot of your shared folder permissions?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (17.95 KiB) Viewed 221 times
FYI user
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (15.78 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (12.47 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Untitled.png
penright

Post by penright »

Let me add one other thing, If I use the user to log into the webui, I only see the public and PostgreSQL shares. I can access the PostgreSQL share.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry we did not fully understand what you were trying to convey, perhaps this can help you troubleshoot the problem.
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2759
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
penright

Post by penright »

TMzethar wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 15:37 Sorry we did not fully understand what you were trying to convey
No worries. I was unsure how to ask the question, and I hoped your questions would help me refine the issue. BTW, I forgot it was a holiday and you all are so good about answering, I thought my question fell through the crack. :D

I am trying to connect Linux and not Windows Here is a screenshot of the mount command with the error I am getting
Untitled.png
If I change the user/password to admin/password I can connect the share. I get the permission denied when I try and connect using the user I set up for the share.

Return to “File Services”