TNAS Wants to reinitialize

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
rcbharp

TNAS Wants to reinitialize

Post by rcbharp »

I was in the middle of working on 2 projects and all of a sudden the TNAS stopped being able to save any file.
As I looked for the folder, (I have a shortcut on my desktop made by Mapping a network drive)
I get the following error message:
Issues found
"192.168.1.88" exists but Windows can't find "public"
Detected
Detected
Verify that you typed "public" correctly, and then try again

I launched the actual TNAS Software and it shows it is there with the correct IP and Name I had given it from the original start.
When I type in the IP Manually in the browser it wants to initialize and says it will reformat and lose all info on the hard drive.

I tried going to your website and website help but the site will not come up for anything
I have screenshots to help you see what I see if you need them
Can You Help, please
I have clients needing work done

Model: F4-210
IP 192.168.1.88

What does not make sense to me is that the TNAS Software can see it but the shortcut nor http://192.168.1.88:8181/ will connect except to the wizard
Attachments
website-help.jpg
website-help.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 274 times
tnas-index2.jpg
tnas-index.jpg
TNAS-2.jpg
TNAS-2.jpg (24.22 KiB) Viewed 274 times
TNAS-1.jpg
TMLeeh

Re: TNAS Wants to reinitialize

Post by TMLeeh »

Hi rcbharp,
This situation occurs because the file system was not successfully mounted, which may be caused by hard disk errors, system errors, viruses, poor hard disk contact, or accidental unplugging.You can try fixing possible file system errors:viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
If the problem still persists, you can try resetting TOS to resolve possible system errors or viruses:viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
rcbharp

Post by rcbharp »

I have followed the instructions and it has gone thru the process of reinstalling the TOS. It then goes to the Login page.
After filling out the info and settings
I still receive the Warning
Data on hard drive(s) will be deleted! Are you sure you want to continue?
Is there a way NOT to lose the data???

Attached are screenshots.
I have read the articles you sent the link to but there is no clear answer as to saving data tha I have found
Attachments
tnas-reinstall2.jpg
tnas-reinstall2.jpg (20.83 KiB) Viewed 230 times
tnas-reinstall1.jpg
rcbharp

Post by rcbharp »

So if I take another hard drive and let it format- then insert the older drives, that should in theory work and save my files correct??
rcbharp

Post by rcbharp »

Following this info:

How to Operate Direct Mounting of Data Drives?
To operate direct mounting of data drives, you can follow the steps below:
1. Please ensure that your TNAS device is turned on and functioning properly; if you need to directly attach an M.2 NVMe SSD, you will need to power off the device, attach the disk, and then power it back on.
2. Insert your disk into the slot on the TNAS device. Make sure it is inserted correctly and ensure a stable connection.
3. Log in to your TOS and navigate to "TOS > Control Panel > Storage Manager > Hard Drive." This will take you to the hard drive management interface, where you can manage your hard drives.
4. In the list of hard drives, find the disk you just inserted and click the "Mount" button. This will make the hard drive usable within the system.
5. You can go to "TOS > File Management > External Storage" to view the mounted disk directories. Each disk partition will be mounted as an independent directory.

but there is no button that says to mount after adding the 2 former drives - it does show the 2 drives
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

You can contact our technical support team and we can try to repair the file system and remount it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Desktop Clients”