Use previous F2-220 drives in new F2-423

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
neltech19

Use previous F2-220 drives in new F2-423

Post by neltech19 »

My F2-220 NAS has been working great for about 8 years. Recently, it would not boot up. As described in a few posts in this forum, I took it apart and removed the battery and discharged, but it would still not boot up.

So, I purchased a new F2-423, which arrived about a week ago. I emailed tech support, asking how to use the drives from my old F2-220 in my new F2-423. A person named Clem responded, saying that I would need to make an appointment for remote access to manually install the old TOS4 to prevent my drives from being formatted/deleted. It's confusing to me why tech support would tell me to contact customer support. Isn't tech support and customer support the same? So I then went on Terra-Master's website, and submitted a question in the "contact us for help" page. I guess it was routed to Clem again, because he responded via email with "...contact customer service and make an appointment for remote assistance to complete this operation." Does anyone know of a way for me to do this on my own without tech support's help, because they don't seem very helpful at this point. I have not been able to access my files in a few weeks. Thank you.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Use previous F2-220 drives in new F2-423

Post by TMRyan »

Is there a customer service person who can help you solve your problem? Since the boot mode of the F2-220 and F2-423 is different, you will need to reinstall the system. If you installed TOS 4.2.40 before, you need to download a TOS 4.2.40 installation package to reinstall the system. When you install the system, you need to select manual installation and then select TOS 4.2.40 installation package. If you encounter the prompt of deleting or formatting, you need to contact us to help you deal with it. If you want to use when the backup data TOS 5.1, you can refer to the following content: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4912
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Initialization”