Cannot use SSD as cache or anything, F4-424pro

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
DorianaCele

Cannot use SSD as cache or anything, F4-424pro

Post by DorianaCele »

I recently bought a new F4-424pro. Before powering it on, I installed 4 Seagate Exos 7E10 10TB HDDs and one Koxia RC20 2TB SSD on the NAS. During the setup and initialization process, I went with automatic settings and waited for the synchronizing to complete. Now, the HDDs are working fine, but I cannot use the SSD by any means, as a cache or not, despite it being listed in the storage list. I am not sure if it is used inside the storage pool because I have 29.07 TB of usable space, and with 4 10TB HDDs, that is about the correct size without a SSD or put it another way, if the SSD is used this way, it does not provide any significant contribution to the entire storage pool.

I read from another post in this forum that if you include the SSD in the storage pool then you cannot use it as cache. But why the automatic setup did nothing to notify me of this? And by all means, when you (or the initialization automate process) see 4 large capacity HDDs and one SSD present in the NAS, what would you suppose the SSD to be used for other purposes than as a cache?

Now I would like to know how to make use of my 2TB SSD as cache or as a standalone storage separate from the 4 HDDs. And I do not want to delete the current storage pool or do any reset because I have already transferred a lot of data into the NAS. Unless there is a way for that without affecting the current data inside.

Please help.
DorianaCele

Re: Cannot use SSD as cache or anything, F4-424pro

Post by DorianaCele »

Google drive doesn't work for image posting here it seems, trying to post images in another way.
https://imgur.com/a/DUS6ura
TMqiky

Re: Cannot use SSD as cache or anything, F4-424pro

Post by TMqiky »

From the picture, it can be seen that this SSD is indeed used for storage and forms a TRAID array with four other hard drives.

Sorry, in this situation, the storage pool and array can only be deleted and recreated. First, backup the data, rebuild the TRAID with 4 HDDs, and then create a cache with an SSD.

If it still cannot be added, compatibility issues may need to be considered.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”