F2-220 wants in initialize

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Frankp2112

F2-220 wants in initialize

Post by Frankp2112 »

Hi,
It appears one of the disks in my F2-220 has stopped working I had to restart the the unit and it wants to intialize.
The system was set up as a RAID 1 - if the system initialise I will lose the data on the remaining dive.
Is there anyway I can save the data ?
Thanks
Frank
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-220 wants in initialize

Post by TMroy »

The file system on your drives could be corrupted. You can try to reinitialize the system, but if you are prompted to create a new storage pool or volume you need to stop further step or you will lose your data.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Frankp2112

Post by Frankp2112 »

Hi,

I replace the drive

I can see what appears to be the storage allocation Shown in attachment but I am not seeing this in the file viewer - what can I do?
Thanks
Francis
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-10 090119.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Not really understand your question. Do you want to see your space in File manager? then you need to create shared folders so that you can use your storage space. To create shared folders, go to "control panel > privileges> shared folder".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Frankp2112

Post by Frankp2112 »

Hi,

One of the disks failed i replaced the disk.

When I looked at the storage pool I saw that and added to the pool to recover the data.
I am not seeing any data on the system but it shows there is a lot of data on the disks
does this make sense?

Thanks
Frank

Return to “Initialization”