terramaster D5-320H

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Ants

terramaster D5-320H

Post by Ants »

Hi,

New here. I have been searching around regarding the D5-320H but cannot find any reviews or information other than the Terramaster website. Is this a new product or now older discontinuing?

It appears to suit my needs but looking for more information.

Thanks,

Anthony
crisisacting

Re: terramaster D5-320H

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Ants
It's a new product, marketed as D5-Hybrid: https://www.terra-master.com/global/pro ... ybrid.html
SteveMatt

Post by SteveMatt »

No doubt TerraMaster D5-320H is an amazing product bought it last year and using it.
KanitkarRana

Post by KanitkarRana »

Hey there! It seems like you're interested in the Terramaster D5-320H, but haven't found much info outside their website. While it might be a newer product, I can understand the confusion since reviews often lag behind releases.

Rest assured, the D5-320H is indeed a recent addition to their lineup, boasting a unique 2+3 RAID configuration and promising silent operation. If it seems like a good fit for your needs, I'd be happy to help you dig up more details! Just tell me what specifically you're curious about.
trialanderror

Post by trialanderror »

Does the fan only spin when HDDs are installed?
I’m reshuffling my storage, and at the moment I have only 1 NVMe SSD installed. When I plug it in, the fan spins up briefly, then stops. Since these things can get hot, I’m wondering.

Also, the SSD isn’t recognized by the computer, but I’m trying to figure out if the SSD or the enclosure is at fault. It was working properly only yesterday. (I didn’t pay attention to the fan then.)

Future product upgrade suggestion: status lights on the front not only for the two HDDs but for the SSDs too.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}trialanderror
1. The working state of the fan is that the computer can recognize the HDD or NVMe state before it will rotate.
2. There will be a state of power supply when connected to NVMe, and NVMe will have a little temperature, but it is a very ordinary temperature.
It is unreasonable if it is not in a charged state.
3. Your feedback should be that NVMe SSD does not have a status light, we use the way of desktop computer motherboard when designing, so there is no such function, that is to say, it is suitable for thermal data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
trialanderror

Post by trialanderror »

Thanks! So the spinning fan is an indirect indicator that the SSD isn’t recognized and might be defective. I’ll check that at the next chance, i. e. once I have replaced the SSD.

Return to “USB Series”