VirtualBox no USB

Install virtual machines on your TNAS;
svetlisashkov

VirtualBox no USB

Post by svetlisashkov »

I'm trying to use USB ports of my TerraMaster F4-423 NAS in Home Assistan OS through VirtualBox. But VirtualBox does not see any connected USB devices. What I am doing wrong and how I can use F4-423's USB ports in VirtualBox?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: VirtualBox no USB

Post by TMzethar »

It is not supported to directly mount USB devices connected to USB interfaces
You can share the USB folder mounted on TOS to the virtual machine in the Share Fodlers of the virtual machine's Setting
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
svetlisashkov

Post by svetlisashkov »

That's unfortunate then... :( Because in my case USB is needed for USB Bluetooth adapter which I untended to use in Home Assistant OS through VirtualBox. This is a showstopper for me. I hope that this will be fixed in the future.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

VirtualBox app on TNAS currently does not support connecting USB devices. We will discuss your proposal.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
svetlisashkov

Post by svetlisashkov »

TMzethar wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 18:37 VirtualBox app on TNAS currently does not support connecting USB devices. We will discuss your proposal.
Thank You!
Gianlk
Italy

Post by Gianlk »

Hi,
any update on the USB device capability for VirtualBox?
I see the extension pack is correctly installed (version 6.1.18 revision 142142) and in the description it says: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure integration, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Host Controller, Host Webcam, VirtualBox RDP, PXE ROM, Disk Encryption, NVMe.

So it should support USB Host Controller, but it is not!
I've tried to reinstall the vbox_TOS_APP_6.1.4_V1.02_x86_64.tpk from the forum (which install VBOX 6.1.18) but still the USB Host controller doesn't work.

Replacing the extension pack with the one downloaded from oracle site, gives an error.

In the VM there is the option for enabling USB host controller, but it says no device available.

Any chance to have an update on VBOX version? maybe an updated version like 7.0.8 will work directly
arthurdoti

Post by arthurdoti »

Hi,

Is there any update to this?

I'm using Virtual Box 6.1.46 and there are still no USB devices available. I'm trying to connect an Android device to it via ADB. I've tried connecting many other standard usb devices and non of them are listed.

Can this be fixed. Or at least a work around be given?

My device is an f4-423 with 32 GB RAM.

thanks
aschang

Post by aschang »

Hello any update on that topic? Or still same issue in the latest update ?

Return to “Virtual Machines”