Odd behaviour setting up Bond (LAGG)

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Odd behaviour setting up Bond (LAGG)

Post by Gremlin »

I recently had to make changes to my network after ISP replaced router having first hard-reset it along with all my DHCP settings and no backup config :evil: . With new router I had to make some choices, bearing in mind I had numerous devices already pointing to prreviously assigned addresses. I opted for fixed IP addresses for NAS == 2 x NAS units each with 2 x LAN and a Bond [Balance-alb].

Having set the LAN addresses I created the Fixed IP Bond, following the "suggested" (and logical) fixed LAN address of LAN1 for the BOND. When I susequently looked at TNAS-PC I noticed something odd. The BOND was using the LAN1 address but had picked up the LAN2 MAC address., (Note the MAC address is not shown in the Fixed IP setting on NAS for BOND IP.)

I ran 'ifconfig' on both NAS to confirm what I was seeing (LAN1 = eth0 and LAN2 = eth1)

[What you cannot see in the attachment are the details shown in TNAS-PC changing as they switch from LAN to BOND display and back again.]
TNAS-PC.png
ifconfig-NAS-1.png
ifconfig-NAS-2.png
I rearranged the IP assignment on the LAN adapters and this appears to have sorted things out into a more 'sane' (?) arrangement, but with the BOND showing as allocated to LAN2 in both cases.

Is there any logic in how interfaces are allocated to LAGG/Bond? Does Interface Servicing order have any effect?
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Odd behaviour setting up Bond (LAGG)

Post by TMroy »

We have to verify the issues in our lab only after the new year holiday. will come back to you as soon as we make it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Odd behaviour setting up Bond (LAGG)

Post by Gremlin »

Thank you.

I'll add this. Later screen shot shows "correct behaviour" in TNAS-PC. However, GUI Control panel - Overview still shows the "reversed" MAC adddress for the Bond interface.
Variancce-in-overview.png
Best wishes for your New Year :mrgreen:
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”