Cannot access T9-450 through 10GbE port

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
T9450Guy

Cannot access T9-450 through 10GbE port

Post by T9450Guy »

Hi there,
I'm trying to set up my T9-450 as a backup drive for a DAS which is connected to my iMac via Thunderbolt 3.
I've connected the T9-450 to a Unifi switch which has 2 x 10GbE ports via sfp+, and have assigned a static IP to that port on the NAS.
The iMac is then connected to the switch via a OWC Thunderbolt to 10GbE adapter and a sfp+ to RJ45 transceiver to the second 10GbE port.
The thunderbolt ethernet interface on the iMac has an IP address in the same range as the NAS (192.168.1.***).

TNAS PC can see the T9-450 when I do a scan, but when I try to login it just hangs saying "configuring".
I also cannot connect via smb in the Mac finder.

If I try connecting directly to the T9-450 via an ethernet cable from the mac to one of the 2.5GbE ports then I can scan and see a second connection on TNAS PC and sometimes connect.

The issue seems to be with the 10GbE port(s) on the T9-450 as I previously had everything working OK via 1G network, which is frustrating as I bought this unit for the 10GbE speeds.

Any thoughts, or has anyone else managed to connect a T9-450 to a 10GbE network?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cannot access T9-450 through 10GbE port

Post by TMroy »

There are so many SPF+ transceivers selling in the market. Make sure you choose a compatible one. An incompatible transceiver may cause connection issues.
Here is the official certified SPF+ 10G transceiver. https://www.terra-master.com/global/pro ... 2-10g.html
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”