Console Port Limitation on T*-450 Models

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
chapter13

Console Port Limitation on T*-450 Models

Post by chapter13 »

I was wondering if you could provide any details regarding the promised improvement of the console port of the T*-450 models?
I purchased a T9-450 with the expectation of being able to migrate the OS to something more capable than TOS, an easily achieved process on any other device due to the HDMI port.

The console port has been reported as not ready for use in this forum by several TM staff, this issue is obviously causing a lack of any option but to useTOS and limiting the use as a result.
tommi2day
Germany

Re: Console Port Limitation on T*-450 Models

Post by tommi2day »

AFAIK there was no progress since last time i asked. You may have access to the bios (which is important enough for the boot order), but its not a fully flavored console at run time
main: T9-450
chapter13

Post by chapter13 »

Boot order access is all good, but when the device is missing an HDMI, or any other port of any use for video display, and the console will literally only allow the display of the BIOS screen before throwing an error at the boot stage of any OS, it's not of much help.

@Terramaster please address this issue ASAP, we should be free to install whatever OS we desire on hardware we have purchased...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

How should I respond to your request? Your demand seems reasonable on the surface, but it's not. The 450 series is a NAS series specifically designed for data storage, and its original intention was not to install other operating systems. This model is not equipped with a graphics card, so it cannot be directly connected to a monitor. In addition, although the device provides a console interface, its use has certain limitations and conditions, and it cannot be used arbitrarily on any operating system.

Before purchasing, you should carefully confirm whether the device specifications meet your needs. TerraMaster also offers other series of models. Otherwise, you should choose other models.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

[at=TMroy post_id=32571 time=1705383303 user_id=1656][/at]

Tick! 8-) ;)
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
chapter13

Post by chapter13 »

Wow, there's that customer service you're so well known for.
I did my research and, given the usual all gloss and no detail approach to marketing you take couldn't see any reason as to why the console port can't be operated as ... a console.
I feel reassured by your care and help though.
There's absolutely no reason the T9-450 cannot host a real storage OS even OMV, and you've happily applied updates in the past in posts here encouraging other users to "make the most out of their purchase".

Return to “New Features Wanted”