Can't add hard drive to RAID1

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
realdvk
Russia

Can't add hard drive to RAID1

Post by realdvk »

I have RAID1 storage pool of 2 hard drives. I want to add 3rd drive to this RAID1, but option is grayed out. Please provide instructions how to add 3rd drive to RAID1 storage pool.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-03 124539.png
T6-423: 4x4TB + 1x12TB + 1x250GB + 1x1TB
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't add hard drive to RAID1

Post by TMzethar »

Hi,
If you want to use the new disk as another identical redundant disk for RAID1 (with no change in total available space), sorry TOS does not support this usage.
For RAID1, we offer the option to migrate to RAID5 (increasing the space of one disk while maintaining the number of redundant hard drives at 1).
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
realdvk
Russia

Post by realdvk »

But i am able to create 3xHDD new RAID1 from 3 blank drives. So the core feature is supported. Why no ability to "add" drives?
Is there an ability to request features?
I need 2 drives redundancy using 3 bays only.
T6-423: 4x4TB + 1x12TB + 1x250GB + 1x1TB
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We will verify the issue you have raised.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

realdvk wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 18:44 But i am able to create 3xHDD new RAID1 from 3 blank drives. So the core feature is supported. Why no ability to "add" drives?
With 3 drives only but 2 drives redundancy? This means only one drive works without any raid configuration. Technically, this is impossible.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TMroy wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 14:45
realdvk wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 18:44 But i am able to create 3xHDD new RAID1 from 3 blank drives. So the core feature is supported. Why no ability to "add" drives?
With 3 drives only but 2 drives redundancy? This means only one drive works without any raid configuration. Technically, this is impossible.
Surely this is how the OS partition works? Multiple drives with RAID1 allows (multiple-1) redundancy.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Oh yeah, use multiple drives to create a raid 1.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)

Return to “Storage”