Volumes disappear at reboot

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Flyingbike

Volumes disappear at reboot

Post by Flyingbike »

Hello

Inconcevable bug here : Have set up DS423 with two SSD in raid 1, works well.
Then added 2 HDD 16To, created a RAID1 pool and a volume with shared folders. Put data on it over SMB, then rebooted the NAS.
All shared folders on HDD disappeared. Not listed any more in settings, but pool and volume appear ok. Files are here with SSH.

Deleted the volume then recreated it, added shared folders, put data in them, then rebooted the NAS : vanished again.
Tested again by getting back to creation of a new storage pool, then volume, then shared folders. : same result. Anything I put on HDD does not survive the reboot.

What the hell is happening here ? This is so unacceptable that it seems unreal

Any idea ?
Flyingbike

Re: Volumes disappear at reboot

Post by Flyingbike »

addition :

shared folders on HDD do not appear in permissions list in Settings/users or groups, so this is not a permissions issue.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Please generate and download the log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, and then send it to our support mailbox as a network disk sharing link for analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Flyingbike

Post by Flyingbike »

Ok I have done that.
In the meantime, do you know what happens ?

Disk usage says it is not empty, shared folders are still in the volume list when I connect to NAS through SMB but I can not reach them. Files are still there, it looks like the OS do not keep trace of shared folders but everything is still in place.

Best
TMqiky

Post by TMqiky »

Thank you for your feedback, our lab will analyze this issue based on your logs.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Jeasestokes

Post by Jeasestokes »

Thanks for sharing, this forum is great

Return to “Storage”