Stuck at "booting from Raid system"

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
fergyz

Stuck at "booting from Raid system"

Post by fergyz »

I finally got around to updating my F4-423 from 4.0 to 5.0. with that being said i followed the instruction to reset mt NAs back to factory settings and manually upgraded to TOS 5.0.176. This upgrade went just fine. Booted into TOS with no issues and completed the setup.

after seeing i needed to delete my partitions so i could upgrade to the latest version using the 8gb system partition. i pulled each drive out of the bays and deleted the partitions using windows disk management. i did not create a new volume, just left them with no partitions.

i rebooted the nas with no drives attached. TOS loaded and i proceeded to reset the system again and use the 5.1.24 as the next firmware to load.

after that completed, it self-rebooted and refuse to boot back into TOS. hooked up a spare monitor and see it is hanging up at "booting from Raid system" screen.

i am a little stumped as to where i should proceed from here to get back to a working system.

i did stick the drives back in and still receive the same error regardless of if they are in or out.
fergyz

Re: Stuck at "booting from Raid system"

Post by fergyz »

So to add on to this if anyone else runs into this issue, i took the unit apart to remove the CMOS battery and realized i still had the NVME's installed. Proceeded to clear the CMOS and removed the NVME's. Powered back on the unit. webgui did come up.... yelling at me there were no hard drives... lol

I put the main drives in after a power shutdown. Booted it back up and went through the setup process, putting the current version to 5.1.103.

not sure if the nvme drives will play nice the way they are currently formatted or if i have to remove the partitions. if the latter, i will need to acquire an adapter to format them.

Return to “Initialization”