d6-320 questions

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
leonardz

d6-320 questions

Post by leonardz »

2 questions

I would like to monitor disks from my linux or bsd systems. To do that i would like to query the SMART status of the drives.

Can the smart status of individual drives be checked from a linux or BSD OS or does the D6-320 prevent that from working? Is it a matter of firmware or just not possible?

The product documentation says drives are limited to 22TB. If i want to use larger drives is that possible? Is 22 TB a statement of a builtin limit or just what has been tested and confirmed to work?

Thanks.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: d6-320 questions

Post by TMzethar »

D6-320 can be used as 6 separate hard drive cases, and it does not limit SMART information.
The current largest single hard drive capacity on the market is 22TB. If there are 24TB or even larger hard drives in the future, they can theoretically be supported, but the specific performance still needs to be tested in practice.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leonardz

Re: d6-320 questions

Post by leonardz »

Thank you.

Return to “USB Series”