Unable to Restore

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Mightyyy

Unable to Restore

Post by Mightyyy »

It started with me not being able to connect to the Web-Interface of my TNAS. Then I got the standard Procedure with turning off, removing the hard drives and then connecting it to the internet and turning it back on again. Only problem is that it won't connect back to the Network. Not matter how long I wait neither the Lamp will turn on, nor will it appear in TNAS PC. I can connect to the File Browser just Fine. I hope someone has a tip for me because I have been trying for a long time and I just cant get it to work anymore.
Mightyyy

Re: Unable to Restore

Post by Mightyyy »

Additionally, when I start it connected to the internet with the hard drive inserted, then the lamps turn on fine. I cant open the file Browser but when I double click, or right click and choose Login it opens the webbrowser to a blank page and nothing further happens.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Nas model and Tos version might help someone to help you.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Mightyyy

Post by Mightyyy »

Version I don’t and model is F4-220
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

When you can't find the device, you can refer to the following:viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3815
If you can't find it when starting up without inserting the hard disk, or there is a problem with the USB init boot, you can try to remake or buy one: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1455
In addition, you can check whether there is a hardware problem: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=4837
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Mightyyy

Post by Mightyyy »

I did make the initbot and saved it to a usb stick, what are the next steps from now.
I tried plugging it into the back of the TNAS and boot it but that didnt work.
Anybody know what to do from here?

Thanks in advance for your help.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Mightyyy

Is it still not possible to boot without any hard drive? There may be errors during the production process. It is recommended to replace the USB and make it again or buy a new USB initboot.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Mightyyy

Sounds like you missed a step. The new usb goes inside the case to replace the existing one.
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Mightyyy

Post by Mightyyy »

So plugging it into to USB Ports outside the Hardware is not enough? I have to dissasemble the case and take out the usb on the motherboard and replace it with the one I made?
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

That's what I believe, but read the instructions. (I've not done it myself.)

Return to “Initialization”