Centralized Backup data from TOS4 to TOS5

Centralized Backup is a professional disaster recovery tool specially developed for business users. By using Centralized Backup, company IT managers can use TNAS as the central backup server, without having to configure each host separately, and use TNAS as the initiator to centrally back up the storage space of internal employee computers, workstations, servers, virtual machines, or even is the system partition.
Bernhard.Wuest

Centralized Backup data from TOS4 to TOS5

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

Hello,

I just renewed by F5-422 to TOS 5.1.95. All good so far including Plex move.
I am having centralized backup data copied to the new system. Is there a way to connect back to the old backup data from TOS 4 centralized backup and use the backups on TOS5 centralized backup?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Centralized Backup data from TOS4 to TOS5

Post by TMLyy »

Whether you have upgraded the system version of the original TNAS or changed to a higher version of the TNAS, the backup data will follow the application.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Bernhard.Wuest

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

Well, I renewed the system to get the 8GB memory which is not possible when you upgrade.
After the fresh installation I copied the directory with my centralized backup data onto the new system.
I installed centralized backup but see no way on how to connect to the previous backup sessions.

Can someone describe how i can see the previous backup session data please

Best regards

Bernhard
Bernhard.Wuest

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

And I admit a stupid question.
For the TOS 5 version of CB is there a new windows client or can I use the old one from TOS4?
In fact I looked for about half an hour to find the client to download.
Can someone please point me on where I can download the centralized backup windows client that I need to start and log into the NAS.

Many thanks

Bernhard
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

Bernhard.Wuest wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 23:27 Well, I renewed the system to get the 8GB memory which is not possible when you upgrade.
After the fresh installation I copied the directory with my centralized backup data onto the new system.
I installed centralized backup but see no way on how to connect to the previous backup sessions.

Can someone describe how i can see the previous backup session data please

Best regards

Bernhard
Hello, based on your description, I understand that you reinstalled the system during the upgrade from TOS4 to TOS5, which resulted in your original system configuration being deleted and cannot be restored at present.
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

Bernhard.Wuest wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 23:38 And I admit a stupid question.
For the TOS 5 version of CB is there a new windows client or can I use the old one from TOS4?
In fact I looked for about half an hour to find the client to download.
Can someone please point me on where I can download the centralized backup windows client that I need to start and log into the NAS.

Many thanks

Bernhard
TOS 5 version of CB can be downloaded to windows client.
1.png
Bernhard.Wuest

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

Hello.
Well, I know how to download and install CB on TOS 5. That is not the problem.
The problem is, ones installed how can I connect the "NEW TOS 5 CB" to the old TOS4 CB backup data?
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

Bernhard.Wuest wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 15:33 Hello.
Well, I know how to download and install CB on TOS 5. That is not the problem.
The problem is, ones installed how can I connect the "NEW TOS 5 CB" to the old TOS4 CB backup data?
You reinstalled the system during the upgrade from TOS4 to TOS5, resulting in your original system configuration being deleted and currently unable to connect back.
It is recommended that you make a backup again.
In the future, please use the direct update method to upgrade the TOS system.

Return to “Centralized Backup”