Can’t find NextPVR recordings

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Can’t find NextPVR recordings

Post by TMroy »

Because our TerraMaster customer service cannot teach you how to configure different containers, we recommend that you first learn how to use docker and containers, and then search the Internet for the specific configuration of the container you need.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Houghton19

Post by Houghton19 »

Wow….. that is terrible customer service. The app works perfectly inside the container…. Looks like I’ll either return the device as it’s effectively useless without the apps or look at installing a decent OS that works with help like that. It’s taken a week to get a “search the internet”. I’ve posted on nextpvr forum and docker forum and they all say it’s a TOS issue.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Houghton19 wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 01:41 Wow….. that is terrible customer service. The app works perfectly inside the container…. Looks like I’ll either return the device as it’s effectively useless without the apps or look at installing a decent OS that works with help like that. It’s taken a week to get a “search the internet”. I’ve posted on nextpvr forum and docker forum and they all say it’s a TOS issue.
May I know there is anything I said was wrong?
I think you don't understand what a variable is, what a network is, what a volume is, what permission is, what is the relationship between them, and how to use them in different environments. Once you understand this, none of the problems you encounter will be problems.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Houghton19

Post by Houghton19 »

Also If I was a doctor I would be paid more…….

I’ve used computers for nearly 30 years and never used docker…… I openly admitted in my very first post that I don’t unknowingly anything about docker….. but buying a NAS shouldn’t need a crash course on something I havnt used to be able to use it. I’ve used every one of the programs I’m trying to use on windows for years with 0 issues. I just wanted a small cheap to run form factor machine…… this looked ideal. Nowhere did I read the issues I would have try trying to “find” a video file in a folder I seem to have no access too……..

Also isn’t that what forums are for…… “oh I can’t do this”
This is how to do it……
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

This is Linux ..... everything is a crash course. It seems to me a lot of people misunderstand that containers are not part of TM remit. They facilitate by providing Docker (in one form or another) but they don't provide the container apps. And Docker itself is essentially provided by third parties. If I have a problem outside of TOS, I go to the user forums appropriate to the subject and hope someone will chip in to help. Being the 'internet', that is not always useful! Shame you didn't mention the "they all say it's a TOS issue" earlier, really.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Houghton19

Post by Houghton19 »

I get that it’s Linux, and I understand it’s a learning curve, but if I was able to just install the programs directly onto the TOS then I assume it wouldn’t be a issue…… but somewhere between docker managed and TOS it’s not allowing me to see/access the files.

So I managed to install both NextPVR and SabNZB, I have both apps up and running, I’ve downloaded a test file on Sab, I’ve recorded a test program on Next, both of these files are visible via each app webgui. So that rules out the sab and next forum. On docker forum is a similar issue…. Program has installed and working so speak to Terramaster forum.

So here I am, 3 places and all saying “it’s not them” I don’t believe I’m the first or only person to want to use these apps via TOS environment so someone has had the issue. Just doesn’t make sense as to why I can’t set a saved folder outside of the container…… or…. Because that isn’t a massive deal, but TOS shouldn’t hide the file system to access them. I can’t see them on my network or on the machine, but if I load said apps GUI then boom they are there and play. Surely the resolution isn’t to use a TM machine with an alt OS lile true NAS is it?

Return to “Others”