Transmission 2.94 causing OS corruption with TOS 4.1.27

Transmission, qBittorrent, Aria 2 download applications
the89thguardian

Transmission 2.94 causing OS corruption with TOS 4.1.27

Post by the89thguardian »

Hi all,

So end of last week I went through updating my apps, USB copy, Plex and Transmission. This caused a corruption in the OS, where I was unable to access the web UI. Samba and USB backup (on auto) worked, but when trying to log in to the web interface, I was presented with an initialisation screen, asking to set the password and time zone, but the timezone field was not populated, so I could not continue.

I was able to force a full reinstall of the OS by booting it fresh with the drives out, and it reinstalled the OS, without damaging the data already there.

I went to install my apps again, USB backup and Plex were fine, but Transmission, it installed and I was unable to start the service. Uninstalling the app or clicking "applications" from the app page, caused the same corruption.

I've tried this 3 times now, the most recent after performing a complete format of all 4 HDDs I use in the NAS, and still the same issue, so it's clearly an incompatibility between TOS 4.1.27 (the newest version I can install on my F4-220) and Transmission 2.94.

Does anyone know if an older version of the Transmission app is available to side load, as I can't see it available on the Transmission site or the TNAS site.

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Transmission 2.94 causing OS corruption with TOS 4.1.27

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, we have received your email and has replied you by email. A remote session may be required to check this issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
xpschris

Post by xpschris »

Created an account just to echo the above, attempting to install the transmission app on my F4-210 running 4.1.27 is causing corruption of the TOS system. Unhandled errors begin appearing on the page, until the system begins to display just a single unhandled error.

If the system is manually restarted and navigated to, we get a "first login" style setup screen, asking for a new admin password. The system time dropdown never populates and so the page can't be used.

The system can be rescued by reinstalling TOS by booting the NAS with HDDs removed, but installing the transmission app almost immediately starts the problem again.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is it ok to let our technician remotely check this issue? Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

xpschris wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 20:47 Created an account just to echo the above, attempting to install the transmission app on my F4-210 running 4.1.27 is causing corruption of the TOS system. Unhandled errors begin appearing on the page, until the system begins to display just a single unhandled error.

If the system is manually restarted and navigated to, we get a "first login" style setup screen, asking for a new admin password. The system time dropdown never populates and so the page can't be used.

The system can be rescued by reinstalling TOS by booting the NAS with HDDs removed, but installing the transmission app almost immediately starts the problem again.
Can I take a look at your transmission settings? especially the common settings on storage directory and your torrent seeds storage. Or more other settings details, thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
xpschris

Post by xpschris »

TMroy wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 22:43 Can I take a look at your transmission settings? especially the common settings on storage directory and your torrent seeds storage. Or more other settings details, thank you!
Hey TMroy, I never actually get to set any transmission settings, the corruption occurs immediately after the application fails to start.

So presumably all the settings stay at default.

(For the time being I've swapped to Aria2 and I'm at least functioning if not exactly happy)