portainer

Discussion about Docker
elomon

portainer

Post by elomon »

is possible to use portainer to manage dockers?
regic

Re: partainer

Post by regic »

I am currently looking for help with how to setup Portainer too.

I can run and access Portainer, however when I create a 'Stack' from within Portainer, not of the container that were in said stack are able to access outside of their own local docker network; i.e. I cannot ping any real devices on my network or services on the internet. Running

Code: Select all

iptables -L
suggested that Portainer is not creating the rules that are needed.

If anyone knows what causes this issue, or how to resolve it, the help would be greatly appreciated.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

For detailed instructions for each container, please google online for help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
regic

Post by regic »

Could you elaborate on this answer? As far as I'm aware, the issue is not related to any specific container as it happens with all containers.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
A new package of Docker will be released maybe next week to fix the problem you mentioned. Please wait patiently.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
regic

Re: portainer

Post by regic »

That's not a problem. Thank you for the information, and I eagerly await the update!
regic

Post by regic »

Hello, I received an update to the Docker package today however it did not fix the issue mentioned. Is there any more information on this?
justsimon

Post by justsimon »

Hi elomon,

Yes, you can!
I set it up following this video (intended for Synology):
https://youtu.be/ToL5SPFUPaQ?t=330

If it doesn't open at the right time, 5:30 is where it starts explaining what to do.
You'll need to SSH into your TNAS as root (same password as admin account for the web interface).