Storage space

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
andy

Storage space

Post by andy »

Hello, I’ve mapped my NAS to my PC so I have a C: drive (my laptop) and N: drive which is my NAS.

When I download files I save to my C: drive, I then copy to the N: drive and then delete the files from my C: drive.

However the C: drive storage remains the same, the files don’t appear but are not in the recycle bin either.

The files seem to count for storage both in C: drive although invisible and N: drive.

Are you able to help with what I’m doing wrong here?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Storage space

Post by TMroy »

C: drive is your internal drive of your lap top running Windows OS, right? I do not know what happened to your lap top. How is the file on your TNAS?
it has been successfully copied to N: drive?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Why not just specif N drive as the download location and save having to move and delete?
andy

Post by andy »

TMroy wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 22:05 C: drive is your internal drive of your lap top running Windows OS, right? I do not know what happened to your lap top. How is the file on your TNAS?
it has been successfully copied to N: drive?
Yes, C: drive is internal laptop drive.
TNAS works perfectly, the files work normally.

When I search the laptop for large files, they are listed as N: drive files, but also count to my internal C: drive storage.
Tricky wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 23:08 Why not just specif N drive as the download location and save having to move and delete?
I use a VPN and when the VPN is active, the N: drive doesn’t connect.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Are you using VPN server or VPN connection? Could you give more detailed information in return? We'd like to test it here first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
andy

Post by andy »

I don’t know what the difference is. I use KeepSolid VPN app on my desktop but happy to provide more information.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

When the VPN is connected, could you access your TNAS with Windows File Explorer?
VPN should have no business with mapped drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
andy

Post by andy »

I changed the VPN protocol to OpenVPN and now the NAS remains permanently networked. This seems to have solved everting!