Issue with Importing HTTPS Certificate on Terramaster NAS F5-221

Topics related to system security only
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Issue with Importing HTTPS Certificate on Terramaster NAS F5-221

Post by TMroy »

crisisacting wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 02:01
kwandart wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 00:34… What is the roadmap/timeline for TOS 6? Is TOS development expected to continue at this speed, or can a slowdown be expected at this point?
TOS versioning now tries to match Linux LTS kernels; it was Linux 4.19.× prior to TOS 5.1.×, which uses the Linux 5.15.× kernel, so the expectation should be that TOS 6.× will be based off of Linux 6.1.× kernel since that's the current LTS build.

With no current public beta build (maybe there's a private/invitation only one), it's likely still under the early development stage.
Great news!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Ortof

Re: Issue with Importing HTTPS Certificate on Terramaster NAS F5-221

Post by Ortof »

Hello, I'm glad to learn that the development of TOS6 is underway.

At the moment, I managed to solve my issue using Docker.

I deployed the SWAG stack to obtain a valid Let's Encrypt certificate, and I configured Nginx to expose the services I need on the internet via HTTPS. I activated fail2ban to minimize risks and the dashboard for visualization.
The next step is, I believe, implementing two-factor authentication with Authelia.

I just find it unfortunate that to achieve something that is native and simple on Synology, I have to use Docker with hours of learning.

Return to “Security”