Cloudsync 3.0 wont use an existing folder

CloudSync is a cloud drive synchronization application for fast and secure data synchronization between your TNAS and cloud drives. It is a very practical and efficient one-stop cloud drive disaster recovery solution.
pacotx

Cloudsync 3.0 wont use an existing folder

Post by pacotx »

I had the older 2.4 version of the software installed and did a sync from Dropbox. No issues with the initial sync. It was automatically pulling changes from Dropbox to the local machine with no issues for a couple of weeks. I started to move files into the folder on the TerraMaster and noticed that they are not being synced up to the cloud. I login to the system and everything is gone from a configuration point of view. Well that explains why the sync isn't working. As I am doing my investigation, I get the notice to update to the new 3.0 version. The update is done and since there is no configuration, I don't have to worry about transferring anything. I re-establish the connection to Dropbox and setup a task to restart the sync and I get an error message. I can't read the error message since it is in CHINESE. Thankfully I have good translate installed on my phone and learn that it can't create the task because the folder exists. Well of course it exists, so now what? There is no way I am removing the directory (1TB, roughly 700k files). How can a backup software not understand how to sync to and existing directory?

Any thoughts??
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cloudsync 3.0 wont use an existing folder

Post by TMtina »

If CloudSync fails to display the configuration information after update, clearing the browser cache may be necessary. If you created a task to upload from TNAS to Dropbox before the update, you cannot recreate the task because your local directory has already been selected by another task, and the same directory cannot be selected by multiple tasks simultaneously. You can reinstall CloudSync and attempt to recreate the task.
pacotx

Post by pacotx »

I started unit a private session to access the TNAS because some of the other forum posts had mentioned issues with the cache. Unfortunately that didn't bring back the configuration, so I did the uninstall and reinstall of the application. As the configuration and tasks were not present, I setup the new connection and task to use the old directory. Are you saying that even though the connections are not present, that they are still on the system and may be preventing the use of the original directory? How would I go about removing all the tasks, new and old so that I am basically starting from scratch?
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMtina »

Please contact online customer service to make an appointment for an engineer to check it remotely for you.

Return to “CloudSync”