Updating plex

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
sim667
Great Britain

Updating plex

Post by sim667 »

My plex app is saying there's a new update out, are there any special considerations prior to updating on TOS 5.0?

Im used to updating on linux distros but obviously TOS has some normal linux bits and pieces missing, so I don't want to charge into updating plex, when plex is the main reason I bought the NAS.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Updating plex

Post by TMzethar »

I noticed that your device model is F2-223 and TOS4 is installed, right?
If so, before upgrading TOS5, you need to understand this:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4912
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TMzethar wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 18:17 I noticed that your device model is F2-223 and TOS4 is installed, right?
If so, before upgrading TOS5, you need to understand this:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4912
What does this have to do with updating plex?
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

When upgrading from TOS4 to TOS5, there will also be a new Plex version. This seems to have nothing to do with the fees. For more information, we suggest that you inquire about Plex
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Others”