Adding a disk

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
sim667
Great Britain

Adding a disk

Post by sim667 »

So I've only recently bought my F2-223 and due to money I only bought one disk to put into, which I've put my data onto.

I've now ordered a second disk with a view to RAID 1, can I just add the second disk into slot two and get the data to duplicate from disk 1, to disk 2?

Bonus question: I'm already regretting buying small disks for it, if I want to upgrade in the future can I use a similar process to copy from the current smaller disks to the larger disks?
titanrx8

Re: Adding a disk

Post by titanrx8 »

sim667 wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 00:10 So I've only recently bought my F2-223 and due to money I only bought one disk to put into, which I've put my data onto.

I've now ordered a second disk with a view to RAID 1, can I just add the second disk into slot two and get the data to duplicate from disk 1, to disk 2?

Bonus question: I'm already regretting buying small disks for it, if I want to upgrade in the future can I use a similar process to copy from the current smaller disks to the larger disks?
I'll answer the second question. You only have 2 disk slots. In theory, you can remove the second disk and put a new bigger disk in but I haven't found tos to like copying from internal disk to disk. I believe that curren't TRAID supports dissimilar size disks in raid 1 so just buy the biggest disk you can afford now.
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

I may just buy a second NAS in all honesty, one for media and then make the smaller one into a drive for documents (nextcloud probably).
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

I’ve added a second drive today, as far as I can see it’s gone into the data pool and is configured as TRAID. Is that all I have to do? Is there anyway to verify data has been duplicated onto that disk?
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sim667

The TRAID of the two disks is equivalent to RAID1. If one hard disk is removed, the data can still be read, but verification is not recommended as it will damage the array.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”