Internal system user

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
thefoxes

Internal system user

Post by thefoxes »

Hi all

Hope you can help

Following a power cut i needed to reinilise my f221 system ...all ok now

However Emby sets up a internal system user that you use to apply permissions to your media folders

Since reinstalling emby (and removing) i cant not see "internal system users " in the user account of TOS 5 . is there anyway to unhide these hidden users . I know its there because if i try and create a new user called "emby" ..it says "user already exists"
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Internal system user

Post by TMzethar »

In TOS5, the permissions of user group media represent the permissions of emby in accessing and indexing. Please go to Control Panel - User Group to edit it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thefoxes

Post by thefoxes »

Thanks for the reply , however i have slightly moved on with some more info ..

If i SSH , run cat etc/passwd i can see the "emby" username present . From here i can delete it but it returns due to the shadow

emby:x:1011:1011::/home/emby:

i also see my admin user in the list as :
admin:x:0:0:TOS User,:/home/admin:/bin/bash

my thinking is there a way i can make this visible in the "users" within the TOS5 GUI, by editing the passwd file so the emby user includes "TOS User" within the string . it would then appear in et TOS5 user GUI for me to allocate the permission to the folder containing my audio for Emby to play

many thanks for any help
thefoxes

Post by thefoxes »

Sorted ....Edited , and worked ....

Return to “Privileges”