SSH Directory Listing Not Working

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
GGI

SSH Directory Listing Not Working

Post by GGI »

I am new to TNAS/TOS, having just purchased an F2-223.

I have a master DATA share set up for my home network files and users can connect through SMB and see all of the folders and files.

If I log in using SSH then navigate to the DATA directory, an "LS" only gives me the first folder and the files inside. I do not see any of the other folders.

I am connecting with my original user id, so it should be the SuperUser and I should see EVERYTHING. I have even tried connecting with another user and I get the same results.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: SSH Directory Listing Not Working

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}GGI

Hi,the root user can see all the content created. How did your DATA directory appear in NAS? You can consider configuring the correct user and user group permissions for it.
GGI

Post by GGI »

I moved the data from another NAS. It's possible there are other permissions set, but I don't think that's the case.

When I log in with my "root" user, I cannot do an LS and see the folders past the first one (alphabetically). When I connect through my Windows share, I see everything.

My root user is part of the groups ADMIN and MEDIA which also have full rights to the entire directory.

I am honestly stumped why I can't LS in SSH and see anything... logging into the TOS and going through the file explorer works perfectly as well. Just. Not. SSH.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

If your shared folder is under Volume 1, you can access /Volume1/, and if it is a user folder on Volume 1, you can access /Volume1/User/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
GGI

Post by GGI »

THAT was the missing piece... I was trying to access it under "/" and not "/Volume1"

Thank you so much!
GGI

Post by GGI »

And for some unknown reason, I have a "Data" folder with only a few items in the "/" root folder. They must have been created when I first started my migration. I have deleted that "Data" folder and everything is clean.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”