Glitch/Wipe on drive in F4-210

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
djacobson

Glitch/Wipe on drive in F4-210

Post by djacobson »

I have a F4-210 with 4 14TB drives installed as single volumes each. It is mainly a Plex server. It was running fine for over a year without issue. A few days ago something occurred overnight and I woke up to find that Plex wasn't working and that it looked like there were no applications installed. I shut down the NAS. I rebooted and it still didn't look like any applications were installed nor could I install any. They weren't showing up under Applications. It didn't make sense until I noticed that my first hard drive was not showing up under the monitor. I took a look under Control Panel and it showed the capacity of the first drive as "K" even though it was showing green/Good. The other 3 drives were fine and after re-adjusting the passwords on the shares, I was able to access the shares on those drives from the network. I thought my first drive was dead (somehow) because it wasn't being recognized. I was planning on replacing that drive and swapping it out.

However, today when I looked, it is showing the drive as 14TB and green/Good. I could step through creating a volume on the drive as it is showing 14TB free and no volumes on it. I tried rebooting again and it is showing the same thing. As if the drive wasn't initialized and can be set up. Should I go through the process of setting up the drive again and reformat it? Or should I assume that the drive has something wrong?

Also, what could have caused this glitch?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Glitch/Wipe on drive in F4-210

Post by TMzethar »

It seems that the hard disk is running unstable. There should be a problem with the hard disk. It is recommended that you connect it to a PC and detect it through professional hard disk software.
If you think there may be a bad contact or slot problem, you can try cleaning the NAS or replacing the slot.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Initialization”