TOS 5 File Manager Cut and Paste Shortcoming

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
bidmead
Great Britain

TOS 5 File Manager Cut and Paste Shortcoming

Post by bidmead »

I mostly use the TOS 5 WebUI File Manager in column mode, with Cut and/or Copy and Paste to redistribute files between directories.

In this mode there appears to be a design problem. You can always Copy a file or files into the clipboard but you can't always Paste into the target directory. As long as the cursor can find a blank space to paste, pasting is allowed (see picture). But if the column representation of a much fuller directory offers no blank space, no Paste function is offered on the context directory and the Ctrl+v keyboard shortcut disappears.

The workaround is to switch to the icon view of the target file, which should allow you to find a blank space to paste. But this shouldn't be necessary.
Cut and Paste in TOS 5.jpg
--
Chris
bidmead
Great Britain

Re: TOS 5 File Manager Cut and Paste Shortcoming

Post by bidmead »

bidmead wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 17:22 …the context directory and the Ctrl+v keyboard shortcut disappears.
…the context menu.

(Are we no longer able to edit these posts? Or am I missing something?)

--
Chris
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

It seems that their settings are all over the place for sub-forums, where some have it enabled and others don't.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

Maybe you have turned on the right-click function of the file. Of course, you can use the shortcut keys ctrl+c/ctrl+v, or select the file and open the "more" icon above, and use the "copy to" or "move to" methods. This is no problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Many thanks for that correction @TMwuu. I'm still left reasonably certain that my earlier post correctly reported my experience. But there is always the possibility that I'm wrong about this.

Testing this again with an updated version of TOS 5 (to 5.1.67-00214) I can confirm that the Paste option is present on the context menu in the circumstances discussed and that the accompanying Ctrl-V keyboard shortcut is also available.

So, whether I was originally right or wrong, my posting of the 8th of this month is no longer relevant. Sadly, this forum doesn't allow me to amend it.

--
Chris

Return to “File Services”