Has anyone experienced issues with Terramaster D5-300 and shucked WD 20TB WD2000EDGZ?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
cassado10

Has anyone experienced issues with Terramaster D5-300 and shucked WD 20TB WD2000EDGZ?

Post by cassado10 »

I was wondering if anyone else has experience similar issues with their Terramaster D5-300 DAS and shucked WD 20TB WD2000EDGZ drives.

I’m not using this in RAID, just default single disk mode.

I recently bought both and have began the install process and powering it on. I’ve noticed the 2x 20TB causes the lights to turn solid orange and repeated beeping. (All drives have been formatted already for Mac OS Extended Journaled ahead of installation.) This happens in any slot I put either 20TB drives in and both when they’re both in. I’ve pulled the drives out and connected the 20TB drives using a USB to SATA cable and they are recognized and works fine.

However, my 2x 14TB WD140EDGZ drives and 1x 10TB WD100EMAZ can be placed in any slot and are recognized and works as intended. When all 5 drives are in, only the 20TBs exhibit the orange light and beeping from the DAS.

Covering the 3rd pin with kapton tape did not resolve the issue for either 20TB drive either.

There isn’t much documentation about this online or on their forums and thought to ask the community if they had similar experiences as I wait for a response from their support. Any insights or advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Has anyone experienced issues with Terramaster D5-300 and shucked WD 20TB WD2000EDGZ?

Post by TMRyan »

The new 20TB hard drive requires firmware update to support it. You can send me a private message to the email address where you can receive files, and we will send you the latest firmware.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
crisisacting

Re: Has anyone experienced issues with Terramaster D5-300 and shucked WD 20TB WD2000EDGZ?

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMRyan

Would a similar update be required with the D5-300C and any of the ThunderBolt series?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Other models have no problems for the time being and do not need to be updated.
For D5-300 models, firmware updates are required to support WD brand 20TB hard drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Marcse78

Post by Marcse78 »

I have shucked and installed the 18TB variant of this drive and similarly get the orange LED and beeping. I’ve tried searching for the firmware, but I’m unable to locate it. Can I get this sent to me as well?
Marcse78

Post by Marcse78 »

Is there anywhere else that I can download the firmware update from?

The support site doesn't appear to list it (https://support.terra-master.com/downlo ... uct=D5-300)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Marcse78

Please tell us which firmware version you are using.
We have privately distributed a new firmware to you, but please note that it can only be applied to certain firmware versions, otherwise your DAS may become bricked.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Initialization”